East Corinth, ME

Central High School 2

Posted September 09, 2009
I Graduated from Central within the past 5 years. This school is sheltered and culturally stunted. Conformity is key to success in Central High School. If your child has a mind of their own/unique opinion/rebellious streak that just needs to be harnessed creatively...don't send them here. But, if they are mediocre academically, good at 'sports' and enjoy living in the middle of nowhere with a white uneducated conservative/religious 'community' then go for it.

Posted September 23, 2008
I attended Central High School a few years ago. I had a wonderful time, and I found all of the teachers to be well-educated, helpful, and motivating. The sports programs are great. I never had a problem with administration not knowing my name, or my history. If I had a problem, I could feel confident going to anyone about it. The school is getting a little bit crowded, and they do need to think about expansion.

Posted August 25, 2008
I also graduated from central. Went there for 4 years. The teachers are ok, but they play favorites. Same with sports. The school is prioritized on sports more then anything. They would rather cut music then all these unnessesary sports and things they have now. Like wrestling and such. I think they need to concentrate on more education then sports.

Posted July 28, 2008
I have nothing but great things to say about the school. I wish they had a football program, but other than that, the academics and athletic programs are fantastic. Teachers have been wonderful. I am extremely pleased and look forward to my second child entering high school next year.

Posted May 09, 2008
Both my sons have attended this school and have done very well. I found that the teachers cared about them and wanted to see them succeed. I find the leadership with the principal to be very lacking, luckily the assistant principal is very much on the ball. I do wish the students would learn to spell!

Central High School 1

Posted March 03, 2008
this school has low standards and the kids have very little respect twards their teachers

Posted August 01, 2007
I graduated from Central a couple of years ago. As someone has already said, the guidance counselors don't even know there students names. I attended Central for all four years, graduated in a class of less than 80 students and my guidance counselor didn't even know my name! Some teachers go above and beyond to help students out, however the majority of them are there to collect their paycheck and could care less about the students. Activities and sports are average at Central. However if you want to participate in a winter sport, you better play basketball or be a cheerleader because that's all that's offered. Classes offered at Central are just basic, when I attended they offered four AP classes. I feel that there should have been more AP classes. Well I could go on and on about other things that's wrong with Central but I'm limited to 150 words.

Posted June 20, 2007
I have one daughter that has graduated from Central and a son that is a Junior. I find that this school has an awesome vice principle. The classes are overloaded. The teachers are more than willing to work with any child that wants the help. Although the school is overloaded. IT is a small family like comunity.

Posted February 20, 2007
I currently attend Central High school, I'm a senior. I've attended many schools previous to Central so I've witnessed the differences in many schools. I personally think that Central is the best school I have attended. The techer/student ratio is just right which helps you get the help you need in the classroom. No classes even really exceed 25 students. The students who attend here are also all very different. You learn to adjust to other peoples beliefs and actions. Doing so has helped me in the real world. Where Central is a small school there also aren't really any 'cliques' everyone is friends with everyone. There arent any groups of students who dipise another group. Another thing I like about Central is that the violence and drug rate is small compared to other schools I've been to. I would strongly suggest this school to anyone. I'll be sad to leave.

Central High School 5

Posted September 30, 2006
I'm a Freshman at central and yes some students are treeted differantly but youll find that in like all schools. The classes are small which helps you get more help if you need it. which is a really good thing because if you dont understand whats being taught than the teacher (who actuially knows yoru name)can help you get it! This school is kind of small but that helps when you have a classes in 'a' and 'c' wing right after another. It can be kind of packed but you get to know people better that way. They have a lot of extra activites like Chorus and Drama club along with your ushial sports. its a great school.

402 Main St, East Corinth, ME  04427
Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top