Waterboro Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2009
We have a son who has been attending Waterboro Elem School for 3 years. Our son was diagnosed with Autism and my husband and I dreaded sending our little boy off to Kindergarten. We went in to meet with the teachers and form an education plan for him. My husband and I expected to fight for everything for him. We only had to introduce ourserlves, the teachers, OTs, speech therapists et al. did the rest. They showed us what they could and would do for him. On his first day of school, his teacher called me and let me know how he was doing and what adjustments she felt were needed for him to get the most out of the program. He has exceled ever since. We had the opportunity to move closer to work but stayed here because of the school system.

Waterboro Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2009
Prior to attending Waterboro Elementary School, my son attended private school. I feel that, for the most part, his teachers have been great. What this school lacks is extracurricular activities such as field trips, student performances and enriching a childs mind beyond the text book. There are no life lessons taught and the students do not get to experience anything outside of the classroom. This is discouraging to me considering Saco, Scarborough, and many other districts take field trips, put on spring concerts, etc. I regret enrolling him in this school system and am looking for options for my now 5th grader and my daughter, who will start Kindergarten in the fall.

Waterboro Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2009
This websites data regarding this school is incorrect... We have had 2 children attend these schools and I for one was disappointed with the willingness of the staff to provide extra help in areas where needed.With the exception of Mrs. Bear who is wonderful,she went above and beyond what would be expected of a teacher.It seems as though the staffs hands are tied I suspect there are other wonderful teachers in this school who are willing and able to provide required extra help but are unable for whatever reason.Its a shame....

Waterboro Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2006
My son is in the third grade at Waterboro Elementary and his teacher, Mrs. Bear has been an excellent help. I do agree that the school does lack in the areas of record keeping and such. However, I think tha they offer a great variety of sports and extracurricular activities. My son is very active and the sports program is a way for him to let of some steam. They also have a program called 'The Odyssey of The Mind,' for gifted students which my son looks forward to being able to join. He loves a challenge and they have been able to meet the challenge for him thus far. There are problems in any school and compared to the other schools my son has attended Waterboro Elementary has been up at the top. Thank You and continue the hard work that is educating our children!

Waterboro Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2005

Waterboro Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2004
educations plans are written yet not followed accommedations for children are not done and children are not recieving the proper edjucation due to the short falls of SAD 57 in whole as well as the special ed. department.The Waterboro Elementary School in paticular seems to have a problem with keeping disiplinary records of certain students.

Waterboro Elementary School
340 Sokokis Trail, East Waterboro, ME  04030
Last modified Waterboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waterboro Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top