Bad
Good

Posted April 18, 2015
It seemed to be a wonderful school when my oldest went for K-4. There were fun events and a happy culture! Now my second child is there, and I am not sure what happened. He tells me about his teacher having to spend a lot of time with particular students that do things that I can not believe are allowed. He claims that there are many times when he hears a student yelling "adult" words in the hall. Parents need to do their job of being a role model and instilling values in children before going to school. When I pick him up I recognize some of the staff from years ago, and the demeanors seem so different. No one is smiling. Mrs. Orr was always polite. The principal would be telling us jokes in the cafeteria. We are debating other educational directions. It is very frustrating that we will be potentially paying taxes and private school tuition. Several friends have talked about switching to another school in the district that has much more to offer our children. How can K-5 schools in the same district be so drastically different? Be aware before moving to Waterboro! It is worth doing a little research about what each school does/doesn't provide!

Posted April 18, 2015

Waterboro Elementary School 5

Posted January 04, 2015
Wonderful teachers and great people in the area. Happy with this so far. Also seems to have some great after school sports and programs.

Waterboro Elementary School 5

Posted August 23, 2009
We have a son who has been attending Waterboro Elem School for 3 years. Our son was diagnosed with Autism and my husband and I dreaded sending our little boy off to Kindergarten. We went in to meet with the teachers and form an education plan for him. My husband and I expected to fight for everything for him. We only had to introduce ourserlves, the teachers, OTs, speech therapists et al. did the rest. They showed us what they could and would do for him. On his first day of school, his teacher called me and let me know how he was doing and what adjustments she felt were needed for him to get the most out of the program. He has exceled ever since. We had the opportunity to move closer to work but stayed here because of the school system.

Waterboro Elementary School 2

Posted June 25, 2009
Prior to attending Waterboro Elementary School, my son attended private school. I feel that, for the most part, his teachers have been great. What this school lacks is extracurricular activities such as field trips, student performances and enriching a childs mind beyond the text book. There are no life lessons taught and the students do not get to experience anything outside of the classroom. This is discouraging to me considering Saco, Scarborough, and many other districts take field trips, put on spring concerts, etc. I regret enrolling him in this school system and am looking for options for my now 5th grader and my daughter, who will start Kindergarten in the fall.

Posted March 13, 2009
This websites data regarding this school is incorrect... We have had 2 children attend these schools and I for one was disappointed with the willingness of the staff to provide extra help in areas where needed.With the exception of Mrs. Bear who is wonderful,she went above and beyond what would be expected of a teacher.It seems as though the staffs hands are tied I suspect there are other wonderful teachers in this school who are willing and able to provide required extra help but are unable for whatever reason.Its a shame....

Waterboro Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2006
My son is in the third grade at Waterboro Elementary and his teacher, Mrs. Bear has been an excellent help. I do agree that the school does lack in the areas of record keeping and such. However, I think tha they offer a great variety of sports and extracurricular activities. My son is very active and the sports program is a way for him to let of some steam. They also have a program called 'The Odyssey of The Mind,' for gifted students which my son looks forward to being able to join. He loves a challenge and they have been able to meet the challenge for him thus far. There are problems in any school and compared to the other schools my son has attended Waterboro Elementary has been up at the top. Thank You and continue the hard work that is educating our children!

Posted January 09, 2004
educations plans are written yet not followed accommedations for children are not done and children are not recieving the proper edjucation due to the short falls of SAD 57 in whole as well as the special ed. department.The Waterboro Elementary School in paticular seems to have a problem with keeping disiplinary records of certain students.

Waterboro Elementary School
340 Sokokis Trail, East Waterboro, ME  04030
Last modified Waterboro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.