Posted November 19, 2014
I attended EHS in 1988-89 as Exchange student from Spain. I had a great experience in Maine, had good treatment, school mates and teachers during that year at EHS, i had promised myself to visit EHS again to visit my class, friends and US Family. Good regards from Malaga- SPAIN

Ellsworth High School 1

Posted June 24, 2014
This school lets bullies run free and suspends children who get fed up and retaliate. My son is ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and held things together as long as he could. He retaliated against his bully, who is a popular athletic student. Meetings were scheduled regarding my son behind my back and my invite was done via voicemail 30 minutes prior to the meeting, and I work an hour away. I would like to see protocols in place to have bullying abolished. I would like to see kids punished for wrong doing, and praised for positive interactions all alike, no matter what the child's social stature.

Ellsworth High School 3

Posted January 25, 2010
This school does offer some good classes and the staff is supportive of students. The only thing that is upsetting is the freshman acadamy. Students who are freshman all have to have 6 classes. That makes it extremely difficult and sends students home with hours of homework to do. It would be helpful if students could have two study halls a day.

Ellsworth High School 1

Posted June 03, 2009
The teachers are closed minded and absolutely unsupportive of gifted and talented children. Teachers in the lower grades seem particularly threatened by bright children and want to push them into prescribed stereotypes and behavior patterns.

Posted April 30, 2009

Ellsworth High School 2

Posted February 06, 2009
This school isn't that great even though it has a good music program, better choices if possible are Mount Desert Island High School, or a private school, or a better well thought of public school.

Posted September 22, 2008
The staff at this school bent over backwrds for my son to graduate on time with no loss of credits from his freshman year at another highschool.

Ellsworth High School 2