Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

How are new students just moving to Falmouth in High School (and Falmouth Middle School) treated? Are they included and made to feel welcome by students, teachers and staff?

I do not have a child that goes here nor do I have a child in any other high school. I have attended many athletic events at high schools around the state for work. FHS is the only school where the student body consistently and relentlessly heckles/insults and roots against their opponents, even to the point of singling out players. The truly disgusting part is the amusement the parents get from the jeers. When you are watching a game played in nice new gymnasium or on an expensive turf field, they do little to dispel the rich-Falmouth-snob stereotype. I mean their mascot is the Yachtsman. Seriously?! Well, they own it, for that I give them an extra star. Go Yacht.. I mean Don't GO other teams!!

I attended Falmouth High School many years ago for all 4 years. I still look back at it as the best time of my life. I was a new student and immediately accepted. There were no cliques, but some harmless grouping of students. Falmouth is one of the wealthiest towns in Maine, but also has large rural, more middle class component - and blends well. Academics were as high as you will find in any school anywhere, but tailored to every level. I currently live in Fairfax, VA, who has almost 25% of all the top high schools in the Nation and I'd rather my kids went to Falmouth - a much smaller, friendlier, progressive, out-of-box thinking school that really should be the model for what a school should be. Athletics super top notch too - div III championships abound. I made the Top 10% in my class at Falmouth (barely) and still attended an Ivy League college. They prepare you for SAT test well. Other students in my class went to Harvard, MIT, etc. Unless something has drastically changed, you just cannot beat this school. If you think Falmouth home prices are high, come to Fairfax, VA, and see what it costs to get into a top school system!

My children do not go this school yet, but I did tour it recently. I was so impressed with both the school staff and the curricular programming. The new STEM and Arts programs seem particularly exciting. The principals of both the middle and high school seem to be fully engaged with the schools, and I loved the general energy of the place.

+ Strong focus on fundamental teaching as opposed to teaching-to-a-test. Top quality teachers who generally have 10-20+ years experience. Still relatively small class sizes, despite growth over the past 10 years. + Challenging course work for all levels of students + Opportunities to take "real world" classes - home economics, shop, typing, engineering, etc. + Very good arts program - pottery, drawing, theater, etc. + Teachers take a genuine interest in helping students learn, as well as helping kids in life. + Strong athletics program, top quality facilities, good junior varsity program for less gifted athletes. + Good relationships/reputation with the nation's top colleges. - Relatively homogeneous student/faculty bodies - Town growth has increased class sizes over the past 10 years

Best school system In Maine. The post below has no idea. You are going to get cliques and not so well mannered kids everywhere but honestly this is one of the best schools ever. I attended college right out of High school and was so far ahead it was scary. The sports programs are number one and have been for many years. Each year Falmouth has several students going to Yale, Harvard, Brown etc. As I have stated this is one of the best schools in Maine!

The teachers are tired and teach the same curriculum over and over. Studies look sad and have no manners-cliques

The Falmouth school system is as good or better than most private school educational programs. I believe that this is due to the incredible teaching staff there as Falmouth is a destination, not a stepping stone, for many of its faculty.

The Falmouth school system is great! I've had 3 of my children enrolled since 1999 and 2 more on their way. Everyone's involved from siblings to grandparents. Social circles appear to be a little 'clicky' but what school isn't? Great neighborhoods from seaside to rural. This town has it all.

Last modified Falmouth High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.