Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted January 10, 2016
Fantastic and innovative school, Teachers care about their students and work hard to educate them. They work collaboratively with parents and the community for the benefit of the students.

Mast Landing School 1

Posted June 19, 2015
My experience was horrible at this school. My daughter didn't learn anything and actually regressed in her writing and math because they don't challenge the students in any way. I am counting down the days until I can remove her from this school!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 19, 2015
My daughter's teacher was extremely ineffective and did not teach her anything! I had to basically home school her and send her to the free "daycare" that is Mast Landing, while I worked. Also, shouldn't a 3rd grade teacher use correct spelling and grammar because my daughter's teacher definitely did not. Stay FAR AWAY from Freeport schools if you can help it. I had to switch due to a job change and it was the worst decision I've made. If you can try for Yarmouth or Falmouth do it!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 19, 2015
The amount of homework is pathetic in this school. My 3rd grade child had barely half a page of math and that was it. The worst thing is that her teacher told the class that if it was too hard, to just not do it! I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. Way to push the kids. Needless to say, my child was bored (especially since she did the same stuff last year in a better school).

Mast Landing School 1

Posted April 26, 2013
RSU5 Freeport Maine School System Is the most Unreliable, Unsafe, Self centered, rude, untruthful, careless, neglectful, schooling system I have ever had to work with. They do not care about my child & put my child in unsafe, careless, Situations & refuse my child the right schooling Neglect her. Fight for your childs schooling and make sure they get what they need. They put on a good front and the desrtoy your children's future.

Posted October 12, 2012
Coming from a Waldorf school in the 3rd, I had very few essential skills in math and most other subjects. I couldn't read a word and struggled greatly with self-esteem. Coming to Mast Landing made the biggest difference. I had some very inspiring teachers that worked very hard to get me up to speed. They discovered that I had some musical talent and encouraged me to get involved/challenge myself in music to boost my self-esteem. Now I am in college studying music. I am so grateful to all the teachers at Mast Landing who supported me and pushed me at such a young age.

Posted February 24, 2010
Wonderful environment for learning! This is the type of school that should be a model for other schools in Maine. There is a premium put on parent choice and student choice and a caring staff. The school facility is fantastic and maintained at a high level.

Posted April 15, 2008
My child has gone to Mast Landing for three years and he says this is his favorite place plus the teachers their are SO nice, friendly and will make your child's education fun!

Mast Landing School 2

Posted November 20, 2007
I have found the Jr High to be much better educationally but lacking in commuication with the parents. Mast Landing is still working on a way to get the 3 programs to socialize so when Jr high comes the kids are not all strangers as they are now. There is very little challenge at Mast Landing unless you are a child who needs extra help.

Mast Landing School 4

Posted December 13, 2006
I found Mast Landing to be strange. Very few rules, very little homework and an 'everybody is a star' mentality. They seem to be into higher thinking but they don't cover the essential basics that young students need. Way too much freedom for the kids and not enough authority and the basics.

116 Bow St, Freeport, ME  04032