Molly Ockett Middle School 2

Posted April 01, 2012
The teachers are horrible. It's like a jail cell, you get suspended if you miss one assignment. I can't wait for my kids to get out of this school. My daughters math teacher screams at kids and makes them cry. I've had to call him 6 times this year and the principle doesn't do anything about the problems my daughters had with him.

Posted February 01, 2011
This school seems safe. It's not hard for kids to be happy there. The teachers are nice. The kids seem tolerant. It's cool to get good grades. Some classes are pretty boring but kids still like most of the teachers. Longer classes this year don't seem too great. Eighth graders in French or Spanish get no study hall 1/2 the year. They can't do things like chorus and sometimes there's no time for homework if they do a sport. So a lot of kids don't take a language. There's good special ed even for serious disabilities. There's an alpine ski team and a Nordic ski team. Math is good. The new art teacher seems good. There's a new PTO.

Molly Ockett Middle School 2

Posted August 08, 2010
The school has not been very challenging for bright students, but in math it is possible to do advanced work at different levels. A new principal who started in 2009 is making changes. Parents were not asked for input or told about the changes. Teachers have said the number of teachers and classes has been reduced for budget reasons; some teachers have been shifted to new grades; there will be one language-arts class in each grade instead of separate reading and writing; classes will have more students and last longer; the 8th-grade social studies teacher, who presents a slanted view of current events and pushes right-wing ideology in class, will stay.

Posted March 19, 2010
I love the school. My kids enjoy their day there. I only have one remcommendation. I'd like to see the teachers go through training seminars on how best to actually 'talk' to the kids. I'm in the school all the time and I can't stand the disrespect and tone I hear come out of their mouths. Not all of course, just a select few. My philosophy is very simple. If you don't like your job, then move on.

Posted November 29, 2009
I love Molly Ockett and it is a wonderful school, but sometimes, the teachers don't pay enough attention to their students. They need to give the smarter kids more attention, and the not as bright kids more too. The rules for the school are very strict, and they are too concerned about the children's safety! I love the school, my son attends it, but it needs some work! I have decided to give the reting an average, because you really don't deserve any higher, or lower. I hope you take my recommendations seriously.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted May 07, 2009
I had 2 children go through and 2 still there. I HATE this school!!! Larry Gervais is the only teacher there who seems to care about these kids. He is always fair but firm and holds them responsible for their actions without being unfair, unrealistic, uptight or mean. The rest of them, (esp. the principal and vice principal) need to stop trying to be politically correct and start trying to be teachers! In other words... open your eyes and get a clue!

Posted February 07, 2008
I had one child go through this school and two more that will in a few years. Luckily the oldest is a good student and did fairly well academically, but I was not impressed with the curriculum. I believe the teachers had too many students to be able to have any time for the individuals who need help. I am not looking forward to my next round at this school with my other 2 children.

Molly Ockett Middle School 5

Posted December 05, 2007

Molly Ockett Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2007
- a former student

Molly Ockett Middle School
25 Molly Ockett Dr, Fryeburg, ME  04037
Last modified Molly Ockett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Molly Ockett Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top