Bad
Good

My daughter constantly comes home with schoolwork that has incorrect answers that not only haven't been corrected, but have been marked right with stars and stickers at the top of the page. It's so frustrating to me that I've complained to my husband so much that today my child noticed one of her mistakes (again, not corrected) and said her teacher "must really be done for the year." I wholeheartedly agree and cannot wait to get her out of that school. They seem to place more emphasis on planning fun activities than teaching students and it's truly sad to see how little my daughter learned compared to last year in another district. Shame on Russell School.

This school does NOT handle kids with special needs or learning disabilities well. They claim they don't have the resources. Staff is pleasant but can be hard to communicate with. The transportation dept has been awful. Really hoping things will get better for my child.

My son attended this school and I agree the lunch period is just too short. A lot of times he didn't have time to finish his lunch. I sometimes wonder how this might have affected his and others learning. This seems to be the same case with Dunn as I noticed they had only alloted 20 minutes for lunch this year. The teachers are hit or miss as some teachers personalities can be considered quite rigid while others are more easy going. My son and his 1st grade teacher did not get along well, which impacted his view of school, but K and 2nd grade he loved his teachers. He still remembers how much he disliked that 1st grade teacher. Don't be afraid to stand up for your son or daughter if you feel the teacher is unduly hard on them, as we did and this seemed to help.

My son receives special services at Russell and I am extremely pleased with the Special Ed teacher as well as all of the ed techs. They really try to determine what's best for my son specifically and are not trying to use the same approach for all kids. They are willing to adjust plans based on his needs for a particular day. Some of the therapists are better than others but overall, a great experience.

Great school... and many parents appreciate that this is a peanut-free zone. Keeps all kids safe. Hard to say that that's a bad thing. The teachers here are very caring.

We are new to the area and my daughter is a kindergartener. I love the home town feel of the school. A couple of complaints: I don't like that it is a peanut free zone. I also don't like that the lunch periods are so short. So my only complaints are with the lunch period. The teachers, and the principal are great!

Last modified Russell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2