Gray, ME

Posted November 13, 2014
My oldest son had straight A's but was bullied.When i went to the school for help we felt on trial.Teachers,counselors,beasley no one seemed to care.The school told him try harder to fit in.Really.I disagreed and told my son be yourself and do well.I had no choice and pulled him out and sent him to private school private school where he is thriving.I can't afford to do it for all my kids.Beasley refused to help.My son is a senior now and is taking classes to be a lawyer and wants to help others kids that are actually at school to learn and can be protected for it.My second oldest seems to handle the bullies,his grades and friendships suffer for it.Due to miss management and over run classes he has been switched to another lunch and can no longer be with the friends hes made.The school again is uncooperative and unsupportive in understanding how hard it really is and how they make it.Parents don't let your kids be bullies and lets not bully each other.School/life is not about brand names and money.You can go to church but do you really understand it.Wish i could move.Wish i had room for the whole experience.God bless

Posted October 28, 2013
I went to GNGMS since 5th grade, and believe me I'm not impressed. I hated the principle, and according to the reviews so did everyone else. She's really rude, and she doesn't care about anyone but herself and the people who get all good grades and are the perfect students. I was bullied HORRIBLY through out 7th and 8th grade, to the point of I was scared to go to school. Constantly I felt the whole school was against me. I had no support from any of the teachers/councilors. I went to the principle for bullying but she never did anything. It's ridiculous. I definitely don't suggest going to GNG because it's horrible.

Gray-New Gloucester Middle School 5

Posted August 27, 2013
This school helps kids work comfortably. if the kids are ever behind the Teachers strive to help get that Student caught up on their school work. The Teachers and Staff at Gray-New Gloucester Middle School Teach their students right.

Posted August 01, 2013
I hate this school!!!! The principal picks on us kids for no reason! Recess is to short. We can only stay on the tar and off the snow in the winter! Even if we are prepared! Hate this school. Here is a word of advice: GET RID OF THE PRINCIPAL!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 14, 2012
I went to this school and now my daughters go there. The principal seems to pick on my oldest on a daily bases, either about what she is wearing or some stupid comment that is just not right. She has even come up to her at lunch and she said dont you think that is too much and looked her up and down and trust me when I say she has no reason to talk and secondly my daughter is not big in any way, maybe she is jelouse. my other daughter is in a multi age class and because the teachers move up in grades she is learning the same exact things this year as last year and she is bored and now starting to get into trouble for talking, she has ADHD but being bored doesnt not help that.

Gray-New Gloucester Middle School 5

Posted May 19, 2012
I've been deeply involved in the schools for the past decade. They have transformed teaching and learning, and have excited and engaged the staff. There are multiple pathways and opportunities for students to learn and grow, and community involvement and engagement is sought and encouraged. To those frustrated with their child's experience, I say get engaged and involved - support your child and teaching team in the classroom, participate in board meetings, become a "patriot parent" - be the change, be part of the solution.

Gray-New Gloucester Middle School 3

Posted January 25, 2012
I think this school is pretty good. They are using the RISC program, which is standards based. I noticed most of my teachers all share a dream for us to learn. They guide us along, and along the way I notice some negatives but this school isnt as bad as all the reviews say.

Posted December 13, 2011
I'm baffled as to why they keep the principal. The bullying in the school is insane yet the principal brushes it under the carpet. Baffling as to why the district has an anti bullying policy when the admin of the schools don't follow it.

Posted May 11, 2010
GNG Middle school is by far the most horrible school I know of!! The princepal does a horrible job as well as quite a few teachers. They seem so uncaring and cold. My daughter has been there about a year an a half and has come home crying and very upset. Horrible school!!!!

Posted May 02, 2010
I am an educator and a parent of a child who is near the top of her class academically. She has always expressed a love for school through the years until she reached the Middle school. She is bored and unexcited about learning when I ask her about school, which really upsets me. When she wasn't being challenged, the teachers gave her extra work instead of having a program in place for her. I had to ask several times to meet her needs in very heartfelt letters until I had to resort to being more aggressive in my approach. When I go to the school for conferences I have to ask to see her GT teacher. as the reg. teacher doesn't work closely with him. I'm sure there are individual teachers that shine as there is anywhere, but I would pay money to see my daughter come home excited about school.

Gray-New Gloucester Middle School
31 Libby Hill Rd, Gray, ME  04039
Last modified Gray-New Gloucester Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gray-New Gloucester Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top