Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The teachers and teaching methods are not effective. The students are unbelievably disrespectful and teachers do nothing about it. I've even seen students selling drugs. Not to mention how corrupt this school is with it's principle and staff in general. The teachers even swear at the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They seem to have an inability to actually teach anything and they even swear at students.

I loved GNG, I was there from 5th to 7th grade it was honestly the best experience I've ever had. The teachers are nice, the principal also was great. I think it's a great school overall.

I am a parent of multiply children that have gone through and are in the GNG schools. The high school just doesn't seem to care. I need to contact them.The principle of the middle school is the most arrogant uncaring administrator i have ever dealt with,she has a my way or highway approach to running her school. She doesn't listen to her staff and it seems like the staff is afraid to state their opinion or go against hers for fear of retribution.She also lacks proper people skills and compassion when it comes to the children. In my experiences dealing with her, she is a classic bully herself, therefore i have had to resort to bulling her into doing the right thing. She doesn't care what the child has to say nor the parent in any situation. I do not agree with anything she handles or how she handles herself.You are not a warden and this is not a prison.

I went to GNGMS since 5th grade, and believe me I'm not impressed. I hated the principle, and according to the reviews so did everyone else. She's really rude, and she doesn't care about anyone but herself and the people who get all good grades and are the perfect students. I was bullied HORRIBLY through out 7th and 8th grade, to the point of I was scared to go to school. Constantly I felt the whole school was against me. I had no support from any of the teachers/councilors. I went to the principle for bullying but she never did anything. It's ridiculous. I definitely don't suggest going to GNG because it's horrible.

This school helps kids work comfortably. if the kids are ever behind the Teachers strive to help get that Student caught up on their school work. The Teachers and Staff at Gray-New Gloucester Middle School Teach their students right.

I hate this school!!!! The principal picks on us kids for no reason! Recess is to short. We can only stay on the tar and off the snow in the winter! Even if we are prepared! Hate this school. Here is a word of advice: GET RID OF THE PRINCIPAL!!!!!!!!!

I went to this school and now my daughters go there. The principal seems to pick on my oldest on a daily bases, either about what she is wearing or some stupid comment that is just not right. She has even come up to her at lunch and she said dont you think that is too much and looked her up and down and trust me when I say she has no reason to talk and secondly my daughter is not big in any way, maybe she is jelouse. my other daughter is in a multi age class and because the teachers move up in grades she is learning the same exact things this year as last year and she is bored and now starting to get into trouble for talking, she has ADHD but being bored doesnt not help that.

I've been deeply involved in the schools for the past decade. They have transformed teaching and learning, and have excited and engaged the staff. There are multiple pathways and opportunities for students to learn and grow, and community involvement and engagement is sought and encouraged. To those frustrated with their child's experience, I say get engaged and involved - support your child and teaching team in the classroom, participate in board meetings, become a "patriot parent" - be the change, be part of the solution.

I think this school is pretty good. They are using the RISC program, which is standards based. I noticed most of my teachers all share a dream for us to learn. They guide us along, and along the way I notice some negatives but this school isnt as bad as all the reviews say.

Last modified Gray-New Gloucester Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.