Greene Central School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
One review sure sounds like an educator but here is my view. The curriculum seems to be nice and the pre K definitely can be a plus. The problem is ...NOT enough attention to Bullying. I already see schools failing our special needs kids but it is horrid when a child, with no special needs, gets bullied and hardly anything is done. My child had this issue and I was told it would be 'taken care of' ! Not only was it not, but it also got worse. Watch out for Substitute bus drivers NOT remembering any small child on the bus. Yeah. It happened. Just be aware and talk to your child every day. Don't rely on the school to keep your child safe. Be his/her advocate and DON'T let any child bully them to not like school. This could have been a great program if only our voices were heard. So Sad :(

Greene Central School 5

Posted July 05, 2010
Since my daughter began her education career at GCS last year, I have been very pleased with the skills she has acquired. Both of her teachers have sought to give the best education possible, as well as focusing on her social and emotional needs. Through scientifically-based curriculum choices, as well as appropriate RTI model interventions, the staff challenges students to succeed and meet the required standards. I have also been impressed with the current administration, which had changed in the spring of 2009. Now MSAD 52 will be providing preschool for all 4-year-olds who wish to attend in the fall. My youngest daughter is very excited to begin this journey, and I am pleased that the district and the school are working hard to ensure that my children are given the very best education possible.

Greene Central School 5

Posted June 17, 2009
It's cool because the teacers are nice and i went to 5 different schools and i like gcs the most because the teacher are funny and there's a lot of other reasons to but i can't typ anymore than this.

Greene Central School 1

Posted May 10, 2009
When my eldest went to Greene Central, she was challenged, rewarded and concerns about discipline or academic issues were addressed. With my youngest, the school has changed dramatically. Teachers are bounced around to different grades every year, not being allowed to build a lesson plan or style that well meets the grade they are teaching. My child had the same teacher in kindergarten and 5th grade; that teacher now teaches 2nd grade. Methodologies also change every year so students have to re-learn what they already know, just because it has to be taught in a different way. What my child has received for eduction there will not prepare her for what will be expected elsewhere. I'm glad she is done at GCS.

Greene Central School 2

Posted August 22, 2003
Special Education children do not always get the care they need.

Greene Central School
41 Main St, Greene, ME  04236
Last modified Greene Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greene Central School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top