Hampden, ME

George B Weatherbee School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
We were forced to remove our children from this school because of Bullying. the staff doesn't want to deal with the problem so they pretend it doesn't exist. Kids who feel they are being bullied are sent to the counsler who gives them lessons on how to ignore the other students who are harnessing them. To pretend what they are saying or doing doesn't bother them. This IS the no tolerance policy. After a death threat was made we got the school safety officer involved. But because of who this child was, NOTHING was done! I was told a year prior to this by another parent " not to rock the boat this early in the game. It's Hampden after all" I was also told that my children were lying and that no one was being bullied. Even after one of the kids had admitted that the were doing it as a group! And that they liked getting a reaction out of our child. Even said" no one has made us stop before now." People in this town are extremely uppity. People think because it's Hampden its the best. For as many families moving in to this town for the school, just as many leave because of it. Better off going to Bangor.

George B Weatherbee School 3

Posted May 19, 2013
This school had to make up for the previous school missing IEP deadlines, however in setting up the meeting they set it up with my ex wife, even though I initiated the referral and kept at them for missing deadlines. They also did not invite the previous year teacher in order to show adverse effect to qualify my child for the needed services and my child went almost a year from referral to being identified as the current teacher had only had him a few days do had nothing to offer to help him in getting the necessary help.

George B Weatherbee School 5

Posted November 14, 2007
My younger son (now 4th grade) has Asperger's Syndrome, I have worked closely with the school staff to get him the support that helps him succeed in school. The teachers and support staff are very encouraging.

George B Weatherbee School
22 Main Rd North, Hampden, ME  04444
Last modified George B Weatherbee School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George B Weatherbee School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top