Houlton, ME

1 review of this school

Greater Houlton Christian Academy 2

Posted June 15, 2014
I was a student from kindergarten through eighth grade. I gladly moved to a different school that offered me lots of options I didn't have at GHCA. In my years there, I was in the music program playing trumpet. After the teacher who had worked there for years resigned the music program fell apart. A new teacher came who showed favoritism by the fact that if one girl would clean her room for her she didn't have to show up for class. I had only one other person in the program, who played flute. It's hard to play music with one trumpet player and one flute player. The academic aspect was below national standards and when I transferred I was behind, even though I graduated at the top of my class. I had to work harder than other kids because I wasn't up to the basic understanding in most classes. The athletics are okay but can't compete with what other public schools offer. The sports are limited; if you want to play football or wrestling that isn't an option. The programs that are offered are okay but since many age groups are thrown together the quality and competitiveness suffer. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this school; it has put me behind in athletics, academics, and music.

Greater Houlton Christian Academy
27 School Street, Houlton, ME  04730
Last modified Greater Houlton Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Greater Houlton Christian Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 1 reviews. Top