No rating

Kennebunk High School

Public | 9-12

Student diversity

Posted September 24, 2012

I graduated KHS in 2009, and I can honestly say that it was the best years of my life. I pushed the teachers buttons as far as I could, and still they kept at me and wanted to see me succeed. They never gave up on me, and that is very hard to find in a school now-a-days. I swam on the swim team, and played volleyball all 4 years, and that in its self will be a memory that I will never forget. If your looking around for schools for your children, KHS is by far the best school around!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 10, 2009

Coming from a private school I was not totally surprised but very pleased with our experience at KHS this year. The curriculum is challenging and varied. The faculty is responsive and very involved with the students. The extra curriculum activities are more than adequate and the caliber and involvement of students and teachers excellent.

Posted May 27, 2008

I have three children, one graduated in 2006, the other two are a junior and freshman as of 2007-2008. It has been a very good experience for our family. My children are average and above average students, depending on the classes, and in all levels the faculty have worked with us and have been very helpful. I highly recommend the school system.

Posted May 18, 2007

KHS is a particularly good school if you have a 'gifted'and motivated child. Many very skilled and interested teachers. Daily 'Advisory Group', multi-grade homerooms have made the student body very interconnected. High SMAA status regarding sportsmanship. Highly motivated administration staff and small but solid core of supportive and involved parents.

Posted February 22, 2007

My three children have all thrived at Kennebunk High School. The teachers are fantastic and prinicipal supportive.

Posted January 22, 2006

Great school. Great town. Teachers involved. Only downside is not much diversity.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 9, 2005

As a former student, I feel like this school taught me everything I need to succeed in college. The academic programs are strong and teachers actually care... Loads of extracurriculars especially the performing arts. Parents are involved to an extent.
—Submitted by a student

Grade level

Critical Reading

The state average for Critical Reading was 49% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 48% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 43% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or above

In 2012-2013 Maine used the Maine High School Assessment (MHSA) to test students in grade 11 in critical reading, math, writing and science. The results reported show how well students are mastering state standards, specific skills defined by the state of Maine. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Maine Department of Education

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

89 Fletcher St