Kittery Point, ME

Posted July 05, 2013
The school is orderly and neat. Teachers are very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The environment and setting are very safe. In 2013, they implemented a security system with intercom and cameras. The only thing I wish they would include would be school uniforms but other than that It has been a great experience overall.

Posted April 15, 2010
My son began Kindergarten in September. By October, he knew 20 sight words. By December, he was reading me bed-time books! He is now learning about the embyro cycle of a chicken egg. The class has 8 eggs in incubation waiting to hatch. The class has done activities like this throughout the year. I am completely satisfied with this school and plan to make this area my perminant residence while my husband finishes his career in the military.

Posted March 07, 2010
Having just moved into the area with my family, I knew very little about the school prior to registering my children, however, only minutes into my first meeting with the principal, Mr. Foster, I knew I was putting my children into the best school imaginable. Mr. Foster took the time to speak to my two nervous children and personally escorted them around the school. He took the time to answer their questions and encouraged them to email him with any questions. When my daughter did, he responded promptly and told her he was looking forward to the new year. He, and many of the other teachers and employees, make this a truly extraordinary place to learn. This little seaside school is a gem.

Horace Mitchell Primary School 4

Posted August 10, 2009
I have found Mitchell school to be a welcoming and stimulating school for my daughter. Her special education needs (speech therapy) were not only met but she no longer requires special services. Most of the teachers and faculty members I have dealt with have been extremely caring and helpful. The class sizes have been wonderfully small (this may be changing due to budget issues) and they have taken several field trips each year.

Horace Mitchell Primary School 0

Posted August 19, 2008
I just read some of the previous reviews about the lack of attention to special needs kids & I just want to say that, not only were the teachers, guidance counseler & Mr. Foster instrumental in identifying my son's difficulties, they have been extremely vigilant in making sure he receives the supports he needs. I find that when you are an open & willing parent, the staff an Mitchell School excels in finding solutions for your child. I am very grateful to them for the attention they give.

Posted April 12, 2008
Mitchell is a wonderful school. The principal has been there for many years and has created a top notch learning environment. The teachers are highly dedicated and professional. The parents are very supportive of the school with an active PTA and strong volunteer efforts. I don't know what kind of extracurricular activities would be expected at a school for grades K-2. Kids club has been a great success with children choosing from a variety of opportunities including music, yoga, karate, science club and others. Great school

Horace Mitchell Primary School 2

Posted October 22, 2007
There are practically no extracurricular activities. Kids neither have the opportunity to learn a second language nor to learn how to play an instrument.

Horace Mitchell Primary School 2

Posted May 21, 2007
I agree with the school lacking in anything for special needs children. I don't know if it has so much to do with the school or with the school district, as I have had no problems with the principal at all. If you have a normal child, by all means, come here.

Posted September 12, 2006
This is a great school in a small, close-knit community. The teachers and faculty are wonderful. Mr. Foster (the principle) in such a caring and hands-on administator. We just moved from the area and we certainly miss this school.

Horace Mitchell Primary School 4

Posted May 07, 2006

Horace Mitchell Primary School
7 School Lane, Kittery Point, ME  03905
Last modified Horace Mitchell Primary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mitchell Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top