Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

while between my children they had 2 good teachers in their years at the school, the number of ones who need to either move on, receive professional development or make a career move out weigh those who are effective.

my child was humiliated and singled out time and time again by their teacher. After asking the teacher not to do this as this was embarrassing and causing tremendous stress and anxiety, no change. Reached out to principal and counseling staff, no change. The leadership at the school does not have control of the teachers. The teachers run the school, at the expense of the children. Sad, my child now has to deal with the emotional trauma left by the repeated occurrences within the 5th grade class.

Develops character: Disagree

This school is far from encouraging integrity to its students. Character building program in shapleigh school needs a major overhaul. Fairness; no - staff are partial in their consequences and rewards. Honesty - somewhat, when the staff is specifically asked about situations than yes they are honest. However they do not offer the information, they do not inform the parents of situations which is the example being set for the children to follow.

This school is horrible. This is one of the most judgemental rats nests my son has ever been to! You see, my son has Asperger's syndrome and he tends to get emotional sometimes. The teachers don't even help. THEY HURT! If I had a penny for every single negative phone call I got about my son, I would by filthy rich. My son claims that thestaff spreads lies about him to me. I believe him. So parents, If you want a good school, GO TO YORK!

Shapleigh Middle School is one of the best Middle schools I ever attended! It was amazing. All the teachers and staff are so unbeilevably amazing I can't tell you enogh about them. Students who are ocming to shapleigh from the millitary stand point are nervous and scared but at the end, they never want to leave. I also think its amazing that they do the kittery ME Amori Japan program. WOW great school! <3

The kittery school system in general is a joke. as a parent of 2 former students in 2 of the schools here i have to say that neither school performed as it should have. my daughter was being bullied by another student there and when i went to the school (after several unreturned calls and emails) i basically got blown off. this is totally unacceptable. the teachers were there "to make a paycheck" and that was it. This is one of MANY reasons why we left and went to York! if you are looking for a great school system then i STRONGLY suggest heading toward York! My kids are happier and doing much better there!! Good Luck! *I am giving 1 start ratings because unlike the teachers i give credit for at least trying*

I am so dissapppointed in this school now. I went here 4 years ago and it has really gone down hill. Kids are fighthing inthe halls and the resounces are very limited. The town really needs to add money to eextracurricular activity's options are very limited and even when you do join you make no impact here or at my school I just graduated from Traip

great teachers and staff, great school learning atmosphere, exceptional special education staff.

Last modified Shapleigh School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.