Posted November 15, 2012
This school is horrible. This is one of the most judgemental rats nests my son has ever been to! You see, my son has Asperger's syndrome and he tends to get emotional sometimes. The teachers don't even help. THEY HURT! If I had a penny for every single negative phone call I got about my son, I would by filthy rich. My son claims that thestaff spreads lies about him to me. I believe him. So parents, If you want a good school, GO TO YORK!

Posted April 24, 2012
Shapleigh Middle School is one of the best Middle schools I ever attended! It was amazing. All the teachers and staff are so unbeilevably amazing I can't tell you enogh about them. Students who are ocming to shapleigh from the millitary stand point are nervous and scared but at the end, they never want to leave. I also think its amazing that they do the kittery ME Amori Japan program. WOW great school! <3

Shapleigh School 2

Posted September 16, 2010
The kittery school system in general is a joke. as a parent of 2 former students in 2 of the schools here i have to say that neither school performed as it should have. my daughter was being bullied by another student there and when i went to the school (after several unreturned calls and emails) i basically got blown off. this is totally unacceptable. the teachers were there "to make a paycheck" and that was it. This is one of MANY reasons why we left and went to York! if you are looking for a great school system then i STRONGLY suggest heading toward York! My kids are happier and doing much better there!! Good Luck! *I am giving 1 start ratings because unlike the teachers i give credit for at least trying*

Posted June 05, 2008
I am so dissapppointed in this school now. I went here 4 years ago and it has really gone down hill. Kids are fighthing inthe halls and the resounces are very limited. The town really needs to add money to eextracurricular activity's options are very limited and even when you do join you make no impact here or at my school I just graduated from Traip

Posted November 30, 2007

Shapleigh School 0

Posted June 01, 2007
great teachers and staff, great school learning atmosphere, exceptional special education staff.

Posted June 20, 2005

Posted July 19, 2004
This middle school is one of the best. The leadership is great the atmosphere within the school is truly positive. They really have a staff that knows the middle schooler and actually likes working with them. There is high expectations and genuine concern and caring for students. I am proud to be part of the school as a parent and member of our community.

Shapleigh School
43 Stevenson Rd, Kittery, ME  03904
Last modified Shapleigh School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shapleigh School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top