Bad
Good

As a current student at TA I have to say that the school has made much improvements over the past few years especially with the new superintendent trying to make the school more modern. The school embraces it's small size and with that you as a student are able to get to know your peers, teachers and other staff really well. This is my second year at TA and between this year and last year there are much improvements at the school which allows the students and the staff members to have a more enjoyable place to come learn and work. Also with the Superintendent as a sort of co-principle at the school being their at the school a few days out of the week it gives a stronger sense of leadership that the administration has at the school making students more respectful and complying with rules as compared to last year. If their were anything I would like to change at the school it would probably be the lack of more choices to take classes out side of the TA class room. Other wise this is a great school with great academics, great athletics, and a great environment.

Although most teachers care about teaching at this school, there is no respect between the students or teachers. Teachers frequently gossip about students and one another. There are extremely explicit conversations that occur during the school day, and most parents would be appalled by what is said throughout the day. Traip has very poor time management, and most classes are spent with the students sitting on their laptops using tumblr and facebook, even though they were blocked. Traip is chaotic and possesses a very distracting and frustrating learning environment. I am so relieved to be graduating this upcoming year, as Traip has taken quite a toll on my emotional wellbeing. I deeply regret not attending a private or boarding school for my high school years.

There is nothing great about traip. I was a student from 2005-2009. All but two teachers that I had, did not care about the students, they're only there for the money they're (not) receiving. Traip did not challenge me at all. Most of my class I would get a passing grade for sadly just sitting there and doing nothing. I realize that school is the experience that you make it however, it helps if the teachers would care and if it would have more extra curricular activites. This school is just awful.

Great school, great teachers, could be a better school if the principal could become full time, great athletics, always competitive student athletes, I wouldn't put the students, the future of this town at any other school.

Don't cry over your child being challenged, it is school, if you graduated you would understand, the work load is just right, as a senior you are given freedom to an extent, you are still challenged and guidance is offered strongly if you desire. the school does great for the budget it works with.

Great teachers who care about the students. They take the time to know the kids and what makes them tick. If the kids want to be challenged, they will be. It is a small school but offers online course, independent student, etc. I give Traip high grades.

This school is a disgrace, I am not impressed with the teaching, and I feel the kids have way to much work after school!

I am not impressed with this school at all! The communication is terrible I receive a letter about a concern with my daughter when I called to discuss it I left a message with the assistant principal and got not response. This is my daughers second year in the school and had the same problem last year as well would send emails and call no responses.

My daughter is a junior at Traip Academy and this is her second year as a student at TA. She is challenged and motivated by her energetic and thorough teachers. I have been impressed by how enthusiastic and well-prepared her teachers are. For the first time in many years, she is enjoying school and the grades and quality of work on the homework she brings home to me every day proves it.

I had two children attend TA as their first year of high school. Overall, I felt as though they were not challenged enough academically. However, I would say that the school staff (particularly the Asst Principle) was very proactive. He always addressed my concerns. If the rest of the teachers had his energy, enthusiasm, and follow through, I'm sure that the students could only benefit. The Assistant Principle is on top of all disciplinary issues, which makes TA a safe place.

Last modified Robert W Traip Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.