Bad
Good

Montello is a great school with lots of diversity. The location is fantastic and located near Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary. Classroom size averages to about 20 students per class. There ARE many Ed Techs available. The staff is friendly & courteous. The parent group holds fun events throughout the year. There is a talent show, science fair and many activities for students and their families to enjoy. The entrance to the school is newly remodeled.

My sons have had the most caring teachers, accommodating to their needs, and always engaging their minds to grow

In my opinion Montello has a long way to go to be a great school. The classes are very large and they have no ed tech's or assistant teachers. My main issue is that my 5 year old son has a peanut allergy and peanut butter sandwiches are served daily in the cafeteria. They do not have a peanut free table and were not interested in creating one to protect my child's life. I bought a new house in a different school district simply so my child could get a quality education and be safe at school. The school also has an extremely high Somalian population. Many of the teachers are busy teaching english instead of grade appropriate material.

Take a closer look at the the program of what they teach and how long they teach the school. Fights occur frequently in this school and the lack of discipline tells the students that its ok. Ask the teachers about the school and how often teachers are changed and ask what they think about the programs and how they rate their admin when it comes to children's education. Ask more than one teacher and the results will surprise you

I currently have two children who are attending their second year going to Montello. I cannot believe how well this school is run. The teachers and principals are excellent. What amazes me is that the principal and vice principal are not just sitting behind a desk all day. They are seen directly involved with the children in school hallways. It is nice that even though this school is large that I, or my two children, will be recognized by both of these principals. I have to admit that Lewiston has be hit very hard with the somali settlement. This does cause for intercultural learning and tolerance for others that are different from you. They deal with this issue very well. I cannot imagine being a teacher to some that don't even speak English let alone write it. I do agree that State and National testing scores are shown much lower due to this reason. The principal is so smart and caring. I feel comfortable discussing any issues that may come up with my children. Nobody is perfect, but I rate Montello as definitely above average.

When does school start? when summer is over.Does any body know?just wondering. thank you for your feed back its a really great school.

montello is a wonderful school my child was going to another lewiston school and she was struggling very much there as soon as i changed her school to montello she has been amazing and loves going to school

We have 3 children who attend this school and are doing well academically. It should be indicated that Montello has a very diverse student population, many whose families do not speak English and I believe this accounts for some of the scores reflected as these children are still having to be tested to the same standards. Our children are learning respect, tolerance, acceptance, and empathy for all people while being at Montello- all characteristics we find very important as social beings aside from our levels of ability or intelligence.

I was a student at Montello for 4 years and it was great. All the teachers are nice and help you do your best. It is a pretty big school but still awesome

i am a student at montello and i am loving it

Last modified Montello School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.