Lewiston, ME

Posted July 14, 2011
Our child has been attending since K and is now entering 8th grade. All of his teachers have been great in communicating about him and have always appreciated their open door policy. We have been pleased with his progress academically, socially and spiritually and commend the relationships that the teachers develop with all the students. Sports have really grown in that there is soccer, basketball, cross country, and girls' softball, developmental baseball & soccer for the little ones. The graduates have gone off to varied universities from USM, UME, UNE, Gordon College, Oral Roberts Univ, Thomas College, Waynesburg Univ-PA., Castleton Colleg-VT, Cedarville Univ (Pharmacy Program), St. Joseph's, etc which shows me the graduates can compete and enter a varied scope of universities. As noted in a prior rating not all the teachers have degrees but the ones that don't each have over 17 years of teaching in the primary grades so I know their experience far outreaches a degree and are excellent teachers that are continually learning how to reach each child.,,,as are all the staff. If you are interested in a solid Christian World View Education. Check it out .

Vineyard Christian School 4

Posted June 19, 2010
Both of my children graduated from the Vineyard School and the relationships with the staff of the school continues. VCS was a positive experience for them and they are thankful for the academic and spiritual growth they experienced during those years. Their teachers will never be forgotten.....

Vineyard Christian School 1

Posted March 15, 2010
Maybe it would be interesting to know that some of the teachers do not have college educations.

Vineyard Christian School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Both of my daughters graduated from there. It's a wonderful school - the children know they are loved and that their teachers care if they do well.

Vineyard Christian School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
I have children that have attended here for 2 years (8th and 10th grades). It gives me great peace of mind on a daily basis knowing they are attending a school that has a positive environment and employs teachers that are great student advocates. There is a dress code that can be a struggle at times and could stand to be a little more colorful, the academics are strong and the teachers are great and easy to communicate with. I love Vineyard and will keep my children there for as long as financially possible.

Posted February 02, 2008
I think that this school is worthy of admiration from other schools. I just started going to this school this year, but I can say from experience of other schools, that this one is wonderful. I enjoy attending it and say good job, VCS!

Posted September 12, 2007
Awesome school. Great curriculum. The teachers really care about the kids.

Posted November 15, 2006
My oldest daughter was the first student to graduate that attended from the start of the school. She began in her junior year, and we saw a huge jump in her GPA (even though the classes were much more difficult than those she had been taking) as well as her social and emotional growth. And she started smiling! She will be graduating with honors from college this spring... My other daughter will be graduating this year from the Vineyard. When she started she was in 6th grade; one of two students - there will be nine in her graduating class this year. This has been such a good exprience for my girls - there may be limited choices, but the teachers are wonderfully compassionate, professional, and intelligent. It seems as if my kids are better prepared in many ways (not just academically) for college than some of their public school friends.

Posted July 25, 2006
This is a wonderful combination of academic education and character development. The environment is friendly, creative and caring. My girls have attended here for one year now and they love it! Their grades have improved as the year has gone on, along with their attitude toward school. I love the blend of knowing that they are learning academic excellence coupled with strong moral character. This is a growing school, so is still a bit limited with some aspects of extra-curricular activities. There are soccer, softball, basketball sports available. There is a wonderful drama program run by professionals. There is currently no library at the school, but they make good use of the local public library. Parent involvement is encouraged and appreciated, the atmosphere in the classroom is wonderful. Such a breath of fresh air for us and our girls who are going into grades 7 and 5 this coming year.

Vineyard Christian School
9 Foss Rd, Lewiston, ME  04240
Last modified Vineyard Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Vineyard Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top