Lisbon Community School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
They offer a quite a few after school programs and has a good rec program. My child learned a lot and was happy every year that they went there.

Posted January 06, 2014
My children have gone through this school and are currently at the middle school and high school. They have been challenged, offered opportunities and a variety of activities. The staff are amazing and friendly.

Posted April 27, 2013
This school has turned out to be a fantastic place to bring my children. There are daily alert emails sent telling you what is happening in the school & what is going to happen. The teachers I have met are all wonderful. I will get a phone call or email if anything goes on that I need to be aware of, & sometimes just to keep in touch. There are many different free activities going on every month for children & parents to participate in. I walk into the building & the V. Principle knows my children & I by our names, not because they are trouble, but just because. This is a small & closeknit town, I have found it to be a wonderful place to live, work, & learn. I can honestly say this town is a wonderful place to raise children. * * * GO GREYHOUNDS!!!* * *

Lisbon Community School 1

Posted April 18, 2012
The school looks nice, the teachers seem nice but I seriously have to question the learning method. I have volunteered in my daughters classroom on numerous occasions and there is NO discipline on the base level. The children are not focused or structured and there seems to be a very low standard of learning- there are kids reading the same level books they started with at the end of the year. Budget cuts have sliced the 'gifted and talented' program with nothing in its place. I would have to question the other reviewers....it takes more than a NICE looking school and NICE teachers to make a learning system successful!!

Lisbon Community School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
All public school systems are less than desirable, however, LCS is really on top of the children, they offer excellent school programs, and so far they have not made any drastic budget cuts. My daughter Chloe loves it, and the teachers are wonderful!

Posted March 05, 2009
LCS has been amazing working us and our son. I am so impressed with the quality and compassion of every teacher my son has had the opportunity to learn with! Amazing support.

Posted February 12, 2009
I have two daughters and they both love the school. The teachers are all wonderful people.

Lisbon Community School 0

Posted December 21, 2008
The teachers go out of their way to help the kids here. It's a fairly good sized school but small enough that the kids and teachers get to know each other well by the end of the school year.

Lisbon Community School 1

Posted September 29, 2008
My 2 children attended school there and I seriously question what my oldest learned in the 3 years that she attended there! We have since moved to a different state and we are playing major catch up! When my oldest attended her grades were awesome, however there was never any homework. Which I always thought was odd. I never felt welcomed by the principal. The discipline at the school is non exsistant, I witnessed kids being bullied and fights and nothing being done about it. Just administration looking the other way. Thankfully my youngest had a wonderful kindergarten teacher and really got out to a great start with her and thankfully we moved before all of that hard work would be screwed up. There's a reason this school ranks a 3 out 10, doesn't say too much for the teachers.

Posted September 21, 2008
This school is fantastic. The staff is wonderful and extremely caring about it's students. Since the school district started NWEA testing the students have been preforming better and teachers are able to hit targeted areas where more learning is needed. My children are in 1st and 4th and they've loved every teacher they have had and are doing great. Thanks Lisbon!

Lisbon Community School
33 Mill St, Lisbon, ME  04250
Last modified Lisbon Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisbon Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top