Bad
Good

Great parent-teacher group. Responsive faculty and administration. Daily announcements and good communication. Free family events, encouragement of participation in civic and community functions, and a sense of community and belonging.

They offer a quite a few after school programs and has a good rec program. My child learned a lot and was happy every year that they went there.

My children have gone through this school and are currently at the middle school and high school. They have been challenged, offered opportunities and a variety of activities. The staff are amazing and friendly.

This school has turned out to be a fantastic place to bring my children. There are daily alert emails sent telling you what is happening in the school & what is going to happen. The teachers I have met are all wonderful. I will get a phone call or email if anything goes on that I need to be aware of, & sometimes just to keep in touch. There are many different free activities going on every month for children & parents to participate in. I walk into the building & the V. Principle knows my children & I by our names, not because they are trouble, but just because. This is a small & closeknit town, I have found it to be a wonderful place to live, work, & learn. I can honestly say this town is a wonderful place to raise children. * * * GO GREYHOUNDS!!!* * *

The school looks nice, the teachers seem nice but I seriously have to question the learning method. I have volunteered in my daughters classroom on numerous occasions and there is NO discipline on the base level. The children are not focused or structured and there seems to be a very low standard of learning- there are kids reading the same level books they started with at the end of the year. Budget cuts have sliced the 'gifted and talented' program with nothing in its place. I would have to question the other reviewers....it takes more than a NICE looking school and NICE teachers to make a learning system successful!!

All public school systems are less than desirable, however, LCS is really on top of the children, they offer excellent school programs, and so far they have not made any drastic budget cuts. My daughter Chloe loves it, and the teachers are wonderful!

LCS has been amazing working us and our son. I am so impressed with the quality and compassion of every teacher my son has had the opportunity to learn with! Amazing support.

I have two daughters and they both love the school. The teachers are all wonderful people.

The teachers go out of their way to help the kids here. It's a fairly good sized school but small enough that the kids and teachers get to know each other well by the end of the school year.

My 2 children attended school there and I seriously question what my oldest learned in the 3 years that she attended there! We have since moved to a different state and we are playing major catch up! When my oldest attended her grades were awesome, however there was never any homework. Which I always thought was odd. I never felt welcomed by the principal. The discipline at the school is non exsistant, I witnessed kids being bullied and fights and nothing being done about it. Just administration looking the other way. Thankfully my youngest had a wonderful kindergarten teacher and really got out to a great start with her and thankfully we moved before all of that hard work would be screwed up. There's a reason this school ranks a 3 out 10, doesn't say too much for the teachers.

Last modified Lisbon Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.