Posted May 06, 2010
Whoever posted the bad review is no parent of any child that goes to Atwood. My wife and I moved to Oakland primarily for its school system and now that my son has had 2 years (and one more to go) at Atwood I ahve to say that school has the exceeding caring and selfless teachers and administrators. They've always been willing to work with and listen to parental concerns. They've worked with my wife and I with any concerns. They've helped my son tremendously, not only with the educational materials, but with the very important social interaction skills necessary to work and play with kids and adults of all types. I can only hope that as my son progresses through the Messalonskee school system that each of the other schools offer just a percentage of the love and attention that my son gets at Atwood.

Ralph M Atwood Primary School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
It shocks me to hear such a negitive review about this district! My daughter attended Atwood, Williams, and is in her first year at the middle school. I have twin boys who have started at Atwood this year and i have had no negitive issues in regards to the teachers, cirriculum, or the welcoming of parental involvment. I feel a lot is based on the parents invovment with their children's educators and a willingness to accept constructive critism from those who are dedicated and work so closely with our children on a daily basis. Williams intervened quickly in any issue that came up with my child and I was informed promptly as well as responded to promptly if i had any questions or concerns about my child and her education. This distirct is phenominal and I feel very fortunate to have my children educated here.

Posted January 13, 2009
Great school. Whoever posted the previous entry has no idea what goes into making a good school. Excellent educational program and compassionate, caring teachers.

Ralph M Atwood Primary School 1

Posted August 06, 2007
Horrible school. The teachers and administration are antagonistic of parents' concerns for their children's educational needs. It just gets worse from here in this district. Steer clear of this district if you value the social, emotional, and educational development of your child.

Ralph M Atwood Primary School 3

Posted August 27, 2005

Posted September 24, 2004
- a former student

Ralph M Atwood Primary School
19 Heath St, Oakland, ME  04963
Last modified Ralph M Atwood Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Ralph M Atwood Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top