Old Orchard Beach, ME

Jameson Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
I am not impressed with the school at all. I don't think the work for the kids is challenging enough especially when compared to work other children in the same grade at other schools are doing. The school also has a "zero tolerance" on bullying but often sweeps bullying incidents under the rug like it's nothing.

Jameson Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2013
One of my children went here for two years. First grade was nothing more than a babysitting service. Never saw classwork and my child never had homework. My kid was bored to tears and didn't learn a thing. His teacher had the nerve to send home a note telling me that my son complained that she was wasting math time. When a six year old points out that you aren't doing your job, something is wrong. We moved to an area of FL with the top ten schools in the state and the teachers and schools here blow OOB out of the water in all respects. My middle child's K and first grade experiences have been NOTHING like the Jameson School experience. Kids here have homework, have pages and pages of written classwork a day and the school has high expectations for the kids. The kids at the school here in FL consistently have the highest test scores in the state, unlike the OOB kids at Jameson. Look at the graduation rate for the OOB High School. Clearly the schools in OOB have very low expectations. If you have a bright child that needs to be challenged and you want your kid to at least graduate high school, Jameson and the OOB schools are not the schools for you.

Posted February 04, 2011
I can't say enough about this school. This is my daughter's 2nd school and I never want to move from this district. The 2 teachers that she has had have been over the top. They both have cared about her development and encourage her to do her best. They are great at making sure the parent is involved and make it easy to talk with them. I love this school and I am hoping that I love the middle school just as much. Way to go Jameson School.

Posted October 13, 2010
They help children at all levels learn

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers are caring, keep parents involved, love their children, aim to help children learn the way that works for them, do whatever it is that they can. Not only that but the parents that I've met are quite involved and that's quite promising. I stay in a state that is much colder than I like just because I love the schooling because of the teachers and care.

Posted October 13, 2010
Jameson School teachers are the best in Maine. My son had developmental issues and if it were not for the Jameson teachers, he would not have remained in public schools. With their help, my son has thrived and is now in regular classes and has straight A's & B's. Jameson deserves to win due to the devotion to their students, especially when the teachers go above and beyond their responsibilities to ensure that a child is thriving in their environment!

Jameson Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2010
Wonderful teachers who care a lot. Great community.

Posted September 21, 2010
I cannot recommend this school enough. Unfortunatly I had the opportunity to have my daughter transfer to Saco to Fairfield Elementary as we moved this summer. Not one single thing went well in fact I would call the entire transfer one enourmous fiasco after another! Not one thing went the way it should! I knew we had it good at Jameson but I had no idea just how good until this negative experience at the other school. Fortunatly my daughter is able to transfer back to Jameson as the other school did not make the percentage of students meeting standards for the second year in a row thus we invoked the school choice option. Jameson was above both reading and math. The only school to have done this out of 5 elementary schools that comprise this district. Teachers, staff, phenomenal at Jameson!

Posted October 31, 2007
My stepdaughter attends this school, and I would rate it a ten out of ten. She is a great student and loves school because of your wonderfull staff and teachers.

Posted March 12, 2007
My daughter is in 2nd grade at Jameson and we both absolutely love the school. The teachers and staff are very concerned and involved in the students progress. There are a wide variety of activities that I think are rare in Elementary schools, including violin for all students, health education and French. Jameson is an excellent environment for learning.

Jameson Elementary School
28 Jameson Hill Rd, Old Orchard Beach, ME  04064
Last modified Jameson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Jameson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top