Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal is enthusiastic and friendly. She seems to do the best she can.

Develops character: Neutral

They give out awards for performance according to the school rules, but the school rules are vague and seem to more geared toward older students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Quite frankly, asking first graders to do homework means the teachers are not efficiently performing their jobs.

The principal seems to be a great person who is truly doing her best, and our children have good teachers. However, the school seems to have financial issues. There are constant fundraising drives and the school receives a huge chunk of our taxes and yet we are asked to donate supplies on a monthly basis. The playground is embarrassing and dangerous in spots, and spills partway into an area where cars frequently drive. The PTA appears to function as a social club. Overall I feel they do their best but are up against a variety of issues.

I am not impressed with the school at all. I don't think the work for the kids is challenging enough especially when compared to work other children in the same grade at other schools are doing. The school also has a "zero tolerance" on bullying but often sweeps bullying incidents under the rug like it's nothing.

One of my children went here for two years. First grade was nothing more than a babysitting service. Never saw classwork and my child never had homework. My kid was bored to tears and didn't learn a thing. His teacher had the nerve to send home a note telling me that my son complained that she was wasting math time. When a six year old points out that you aren't doing your job, something is wrong. We moved to an area of FL with the top ten schools in the state and the teachers and schools here blow OOB out of the water in all respects. My middle child's K and first grade experiences have been NOTHING like the Jameson School experience. Kids here have homework, have pages and pages of written classwork a day and the school has high expectations for the kids. The kids at the school here in FL consistently have the highest test scores in the state, unlike the OOB kids at Jameson. Look at the graduation rate for the OOB High School. Clearly the schools in OOB have very low expectations. If you have a bright child that needs to be challenged and you want your kid to at least graduate high school, Jameson and the OOB schools are not the schools for you.

I can't say enough about this school. This is my daughter's 2nd school and I never want to move from this district. The 2 teachers that she has had have been over the top. They both have cared about her development and encourage her to do her best. They are great at making sure the parent is involved and make it easy to talk with them. I love this school and I am hoping that I love the middle school just as much. Way to go Jameson School.

They help children at all levels learn

The teachers are caring, keep parents involved, love their children, aim to help children learn the way that works for them, do whatever it is that they can. Not only that but the parents that I've met are quite involved and that's quite promising. I stay in a state that is much colder than I like just because I love the schooling because of the teachers and care.

Jameson School teachers are the best in Maine. My son had developmental issues and if it were not for the Jameson teachers, he would not have remained in public schools. With their help, my son has thrived and is now in regular classes and has straight A's & B's. Jameson deserves to win due to the devotion to their students, especially when the teachers go above and beyond their responsibilities to ensure that a child is thriving in their environment!

Last modified Jameson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3