K-12|Private

Bad
Good

PSA is a wonderful school! My son is very happy there and we a blessed that it is an option for us.

After years of raising children, struggling to get their needs met in public schools, I was discouraged. I was then introduced to Poland Springs Academy and what a life changing event!- For my family! The three attending are all artistic, with very differernt needs. At PSA differences are appreciated and encouraged. Students are challenged. Growth is daily. I knew I had made the right move when my now 13 yo said to me, "You know what I like best about PSA mom?" I asked, "What?" He said, "I don't sweat." He was referring to the anxiety he felt each day when attending public school . My 9 yo no longer waits at the back of the class for his peers. He does the 7-8th grade work that challenges him, while being with peers his age. I truly feel we are blessed.

We were hesitant about moving to Maine with our special needs children as we were uncomfortable with the level of support services available in the public schools. Then we found Poland Spring Academy. Our 10 year old twin boys have only attended for a few months but already they are happier and feeling better about themselves. In a public school setting they were isolated and felt different which had a negative impact on their self-esteem. At PSA they found a warm, friendly learning environment where each child is encouraged to stretch and grow and the programs are molded to their individual needs. It is well worth the cost of tuition which is actually lower than the other private schools in the area!

PSA has been a very good place for my 15-year old son to learn. The public school he was attending did not listen to him in terms of what he needed to be successful academically. When we (the parents) stepped in there was a great amount f resistance on the part of the school. Since transferring to PSA my son has been encouraged and praised daily by the staff. This has made a great difference in the way he feels abouth himself and the effort he puts forth into learning. He did have a difficult time with the changing of schools and feeling accepted by the other children. I feel this was handled the best way it could have been at the time. He now works from home and still goes to PSA weekly to turn in and receive work. This is the ideal school for him. He's happy and confident.

Last modified Poland Spring Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12