Posted May 03, 2011
PSA is a wonderful school! My son is very happy there and we a blessed that it is an option for us.

Posted August 14, 2010
After years of raising children, struggling to get their needs met in public schools, I was discouraged. I was then introduced to Poland Springs Academy and what a life changing event!- For my family! The three attending are all artistic, with very differernt needs. At PSA differences are appreciated and encouraged. Students are challenged. Growth is daily. I knew I had made the right move when my now 13 yo said to me, "You know what I like best about PSA mom?" I asked, "What?" He said, "I don't sweat." He was referring to the anxiety he felt each day when attending public school . My 9 yo no longer waits at the back of the class for his peers. He does the 7-8th grade work that challenges him, while being with peers his age. I truly feel we are blessed.

Posted July 04, 2010
We were hesitant about moving to Maine with our special needs children as we were uncomfortable with the level of support services available in the public schools. Then we found Poland Spring Academy. Our 10 year old twin boys have only attended for a few months but already they are happier and feeling better about themselves. In a public school setting they were isolated and felt different which had a negative impact on their self-esteem. At PSA they found a warm, friendly learning environment where each child is encouraged to stretch and grow and the programs are molded to their individual needs. It is well worth the cost of tuition which is actually lower than the other private schools in the area!

Posted August 14, 2008

Posted February 26, 2008

Poland Spring Academy 0

Posted February 25, 2008
PSA has been a very good place for my 15-year old son to learn. The public school he was attending did not listen to him in terms of what he needed to be successful academically. When we (the parents) stepped in there was a great amount f resistance on the part of the school. Since transferring to PSA my son has been encouraged and praised daily by the staff. This has made a great difference in the way he feels abouth himself and the effort he puts forth into learning. He did have a difficult time with the changing of schools and feeling accepted by the other children. I feel this was handled the best way it could have been at the time. He now works from home and still goes to PSA weekly to turn in and receive work. This is the ideal school for him. He's happy and confident.

Posted May 02, 2006
If you wish you could home school your child, or if your child is overwhelmed in the public schools then Poland Spring Academy might just be their saving grace. Since my 14 year old son has been a student at PSA his stress levels have decreased, his attitude has has improved, he is more fun to be around, and he is blossoming into a positive, outgoing, productive teenager. They really care about each individual student at PSA. They are willing to taylor a students program according to their needs. They build on each students self esteem by allowing them to accelerate where they are interested and able while also giving them the tools they need to succeed in subjects where they may be having difficulty. Your childs only academic limitations at PSA will be the effort they are willing to put into it.

Poland Spring Academy