Bad
Good

Posted September 16, 2013
It's awesome school And we learn a lot of things in this school If you are new in USA you should to come to deering HS you well learned english fast with us !

Posted February 13, 2009
I'm a junior at Deering currently and i think it is a great school. The teachers are great, classes are challenging enough and we have great school spirit. By just doing your homework,not skipping class and paying attention you'll do just fine and find yourselves ready for college.

Deering High School 1

Posted January 05, 2009
Classes and grades are too easy. Students do not get challenged, get good grades, then struggle in college.

Posted March 02, 2008
Deering is a really good school. I will agree with many others before me, Deering is pretty much impossible to fail unless a)you never do any assaignments or b)you never go to school. The school is what you put into it. It you really want an education, you can totally get a top-notched one. If you just want a diploma- that's available, too. A lot of the teachers really care about the kids. I feel that Deering has been a great school for my classmates and me. My friends at other school really hate school, but almost everyone I go to DHS with says they think it's totally fine. I feel very fortunate to enjoy my high school.

Deering High School 1

Posted January 16, 2008
The curriculum there is way too easy, and colleges know this. Don't expect to have a high rank at deering taken very highly by many institutions. The classes are easy and unchallenging and offer little in the way of accelerated programs.

Posted December 10, 2007
My son transfered this year to Deering and I can't say enough good about this school. It is a large school, but he teachers are awesome and generally care about the students.

Posted August 20, 2006
I graduated in 2004 and I have to say that Deering was a great place to go to school. Even when going through rough times, I always felt I could talk with any of my teachers and come up with a plan. Music and Drama are big at Deering, but they also have a lot of sports as well. Overall its just a really nice atmosphere and I'll always remember the fun I had and the things I learned!

Posted July 28, 2005
I just graduated from deering this year (2005); I loved it. the only way not to do well is to not try - the teachers are always available for help, all you have to do is ask. you get out of it what you put into it; deering's not the place for you if you need someone to hold your hand through everything or if you want to do the bare minimum just to graduate. I had a wonderful experience at deering and would recommend it to every self-motivated high school student.

Posted April 16, 2005
Guys, what's up with the use of the word 'horrid.' I go to deering and the only way you can flunk is if you dont try! Deering is a great school, tons of after school programs and a wide varity of teachers. Most of the kids there are great and fun do get along with, although there are some bad seeds. If you want to learn and have great experiances, I tell you to go there. If you just want to get school over with, go to gorham or something!

Posted November 10, 2004
I west to deering high. I hated it. I was told I wasnt going to graduate. So they told me not to come back. I have learning disabilities and they wernt willing to help. I do much better at night school getting my deploma.

Deering High School
370 Stevens Ave, Portland, ME  04103
Last modified Deering High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.