Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2014
I have been a guest teacher at Portland Schools, K-5 for over 2 years. I rate Reiche #1. Team Leaders, Teachers, and all Staff are dedicated and passionate professionals. The students are engaged in learning and altogether help to build a wonderful community!

Posted January 06, 2014
The teachers and staff are truly dedicated to making this a community school. My two children attend this school and I feel we are really a part of the Reiche family. The staff is always accessible to discuss ideas and/or address any concerns. It is empowering to have a respected voice in my children's education.

Posted December 29, 2012
We have had a tremendous experience at Reiche School. Two of our three children attend and our third will be enrolled next year. My school aged children are very different learners and each of their needs have been met. I feel that the teaching staff listens and I am awed by their performance on a day to day basis given the complexity of the student body. I feel that there is a strong bond between teachers, staff, parents, and guardians which sets a tremendous example to the children of this school. Our diversity binds us as a community and there is a strong commitment to have all of the children at Reiche succeed as passionate learners and compassionate young adults. We feel very lucky to be a part of this school.

Howard C Reiche Community School 2

Posted June 12, 2012
love the diversity, but my son fell through the cracks at this school... too much emphasis on ESL/

Posted April 07, 2011
All three of my children have attended Reiche. This school is not just where my children go during the day, it is a part of our lives. The spirit and energy that the teachers and staff bring to Reiche is amazing. I have one child with a learning disability, the extra services and attention that are provided are outstanding. If you are a parent that likes being active within your child's school, Reiche will embrace you warmly

Posted April 29, 2010
I love Reiche school because i feel it is the most diversified school in portland. I feel it deserves more credit for what the school does for its students and staff. I had gone there and my 2 older children have been there and my youngest will go there. I would recommend reiche to any family.

Posted April 24, 2010
Due to the recent rise in immigration here, Reiche School in Portland, Maine has an incredibly diverse student body. This school is one big melting pot, with truly dedicated teachers, aides, support staff, volunteers, etc.

Posted February 13, 2006
We have had a great experience at Reiche so far. My son, who is in first grade, loves school and is excelling academically, socially and emotionally. My husband and I find that the atmosphere is charged and exciting and the teachers are excellent and highly motivated. We can't imagine sending him to another school.

Howard C Reiche Community School 3

Posted June 08, 2004
On the whole, the teachers seem like they will die if they have to teach for another minute. There are a few teachers, however, who really seem to enjoy teaching and enjoy the children they teach. While the curriculum is probably geared to educate all of the children, I have noticed that (at least my child's teachers) will give extra help to those who need it and give extra work to those who excel. I have some concerns about the safety in general at the school. I see a lot of children being pushed and picked on daily, and a lot of times the teachers just continue their conversations rather than help. The cleaning/maintenance staff needs to do a better job cleaning up broken glass around the campus. I think the diversity is great at Reiche and am very happy that my daughter has the opportunity to have friends outside our own culture. My daughter really likes Reiche which is probably the only reason she's staying there. I think the biggest improvements need to be made in teacher attitude and quality, safety of the children, and respect for peers and adults by the children.

Posted March 15, 2004
My daughter began Kindergarten here in 2003 and we have been very impressed with the school, its atmosphere and quality of its teachers. The school is diverse -- children come from many income levels and many ethnic groups -- and the staff has developed an amazing atmosphere of respect and appreciation for those differences. The result is a lively, accepting and creative atmosphere. While no school is perfect, Reiche represents all the good aspects of what public education can be.

166 Brackett St, Portland, ME  04102
Last modified Howard C Reiche Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.