Posted June 14, 2012
This school has been wonderful for my daughter! The teachers really care about the students' academic progress and their growth as individuals and community members. A+!!!

Posted April 13, 2010
king middle school is great for ebitionary learning! a student at king middle school

Posted March 19, 2010
I attend King, and I love it. I think expeditionary learning is the best way to learn because everybody really gets involved and cares about what they are doing. We are learning about things that are relevant today, not just what a bunch of dead guys thought of. For example, in one expedition, Riverworks, we learned about the Presumpscot River and it's history, how to canoe, how to test water for D.O., pH, temperature, and E. coli bacteria. We learned how to write a speech and make scatter plots. We made a PowerPoint showing what we had done, and in the end, we actually canoed the Presumpscot River and tested the water. We then had a culminating event at which every student spoke about the expedition in some way or another. We learned about things that mattered and were pertinent, and we still are doing so. Thank you King Middle School!

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted April 03, 2008
I am so pleased with the wonderful teachers at this school. My child simply loves it!

Posted January 28, 2008
Do I wish public schools were more rigorous? Yes! But my 6th grader is working on his writing, diagramming sentences and being held accountable. Whenever I am at the school, I hear teachers and staff talking about what is right about kids and how to bring out the best in them. The principal is positive and supportive of his teachers and staff. My kid is thriving and so are all the kids I know who go there.

King Middle School 1

Posted November 09, 2007

King Middle School 1

Posted October 17, 2007

King Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2007
Most teachers are quite good, however there are still many cantankerous teachers. Not too flabby. Expeditionary Learning is quite fun. It is a great school overall, though in some individual areas, it is flabby.

King Middle School
92 Deering Ave, Portland, ME  04102
Last modified King Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top