Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

East End is an amazing school with teachers, staff members who clearly care deeply regarding the future education of their students. How can you set a grade on this school with a system of a test conducted by the Department of Education ranking of this school? I do not understand it at all when I see proof of the dedication there each and everyday, It just does not make sense to me. Teachers, staff proudly wear so many hats on any given day in order to deliver the best education to their students. I see it everyday! This school should not have a rating of an F! it is not fair and it is not justified when the school works nonstop to do what they love to do, and that is to be a positive role model for these kids who at the end of the day, know that the school , and their teachers truly care about their future! Stop rating this school on a test when most of the time the teachers have to juggle issues such as a child coming into school hungry, or they are homeless, and did not get the sleep that they needed to be able to sit and understand the lessons for the day that the teachers are trying to teach them. What do the teachers do? They act on the child's behalf, and get them extra food from the cafeteria, let them rest a bit so they can adjust, support them when they have just come from a war torn country and hear a noise that suddenly brings terror to them! This school is so understanding to the needs of these children, they are exceptional and should be commended, not verbally ripped apart and given an F! by the Department of Education! praise them! encourage them for going above and beyond, PLEASE! For me, it is so nice to know and see the dedication this school has from the bottom of their hearts for the very best future that they can bring to their students. I owe nothing to this school, but I felt it was my obligation to inform on exactly what goes on at this school when parents are at home wondering what it is like at their child's school... so, the next time you read an article regarding how this school is failing, when in actuality, it is not! give the Department of Education this message, and tell them they are the one's that need this information, invite them inside this school just for one hour. That is all it will take for them to understand the full scope of the positive wonder of this educational facility for the children that they serve!

we are still new, diversity is ok but all students even mine deserve a fair shot

I am a graduate of East End Community School. I went there for 3 years and I loved it. I'm sorry that others aren't finding it satisfactory, but the experience I had there was a great one. My teachers were amazing, and truly prepared me for middle school. I really hope that you can find the great things about this school because it really made my elementary school years full of fun and learning. The principal cares so much about her students, and I will never forget how beautiful and classy my 5th grade graduation was.

this school is a joke and the principle needs to be replaced. many things have to change, i have brought all the issues up with the superintendent along with several other parents and we all have been ignored.. in the process of changing school. teachers are amazing and will be sad to leave them.

I just want to respond to the newest post by the parent that discussed the Somali situation. I agree with you, to an extent, and I think it's worthwhile noting. The refugee population floods the PPS and creates an reverse discrimination for those who may be bullied by the refugee kids. It's almost as if excuses are consistently made for them because of the "war torn countries, cultures, etc." I don't buy that and I certainly do not accept it when inferred at the school. So, just stand your ground in this case. It is true, it would be nicer in Falmouth or other parts where cultures don't clash so clearly, but it's a learning experience if your child can maintain good relationships. If not, then forget it, there is nothing the school can really do or will be interested in doing. Race integration is good, cultural integration is a science.

Our daughter is looking forward to another year at EECS. The school's teaching and administrative staff have been welcoming and responsive. The school's greatest strengths are its diversity and range of activities. There is great involvement from families which can be seen in the numerous after school events. The school seems to be improving academically every year. EECS is going places.

My daughter is about to start her second year at EECS and really loves it. Last year we absolutely loved her teacher and how accessible and open she was to any questions or concerns we had. We like to be involved and her teacher totally welcomed our participation. The school and PTO offer a ton of family events and it seems like the teachers are always staying late to help at the family feasts, fitness nights, film festival, etc. There is a very inclusive feel to this school and I love how my daughter has friends from so many different cultures and family backgrounds and yet doesn't really seem to notice the differences. The school definitely recognizes and respects the diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and offers free breakfast and healthy snacks to all students in addition to the free/reduced lunch program. There is also a school garden so it is exciting when snacks are served straight from the garden! This school has some really dedicated and experienced staff who are working hard and the school definitely seems to be in transition with lots of new ideas and initiatives. We are looking forward to another great year.

I second the previous reviewer. I am thinking of transferring my child to a different school also :(

We were excited for my daughter to start her kindergarten year the same the year the new East End Community School opened. Now she is almost through her third grade year and she will be going to another school in the district or to a private school starting next year. We will not keep her there one more year. The learning atmosphere is abysmal! Far too much energy is needed to deal with many of the students' behavioral needs. Due to the extremely high number of children who are far below proficiency (40%-45% according to the most recent NECAPS) teachers struggle to teach to those trying to catch up. Those students who excel don't have much company and their needs aren't getting met. It is not so much the fault of the administration or teachers, but more related to student demographics. What a shame- It is supposed to be an expeditionary

Last modified East End Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.