Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

we are still new, diversity is ok but all students even mine deserve a fair shot

I am a graduate of East End Community School. I went there for 3 years and I loved it. I'm sorry that others aren't finding it satisfactory, but the experience I had there was a great one. My teachers were amazing, and truly prepared me for middle school. I really hope that you can find the great things about this school because it really made my elementary school years full of fun and learning. The principal cares so much about her students, and I will never forget how beautiful and classy my 5th grade graduation was.

this school is a joke and the principle needs to be replaced. many things have to change, i have brought all the issues up with the superintendent along with several other parents and we all have been ignored.. in the process of changing school. teachers are amazing and will be sad to leave them.

I just want to respond to the newest post by the parent that discussed the Somali situation. I agree with you, to an extent, and I think it's worthwhile noting. The refugee population floods the PPS and creates an reverse discrimination for those who may be bullied by the refugee kids. It's almost as if excuses are consistently made for them because of the "war torn countries, cultures, etc." I don't buy that and I certainly do not accept it when inferred at the school. So, just stand your ground in this case. It is true, it would be nicer in Falmouth or other parts where cultures don't clash so clearly, but it's a learning experience if your child can maintain good relationships. If not, then forget it, there is nothing the school can really do or will be interested in doing. Race integration is good, cultural integration is a science.

Our daughter is looking forward to another year at EECS. The school's teaching and administrative staff have been welcoming and responsive. The school's greatest strengths are its diversity and range of activities. There is great involvement from families which can be seen in the numerous after school events. The school seems to be improving academically every year. EECS is going places.

My daughter is about to start her second year at EECS and really loves it. Last year we absolutely loved her teacher and how accessible and open she was to any questions or concerns we had. We like to be involved and her teacher totally welcomed our participation. The school and PTO offer a ton of family events and it seems like the teachers are always staying late to help at the family feasts, fitness nights, film festival, etc. There is a very inclusive feel to this school and I love how my daughter has friends from so many different cultures and family backgrounds and yet doesn't really seem to notice the differences. The school definitely recognizes and respects the diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and offers free breakfast and healthy snacks to all students in addition to the free/reduced lunch program. There is also a school garden so it is exciting when snacks are served straight from the garden! This school has some really dedicated and experienced staff who are working hard and the school definitely seems to be in transition with lots of new ideas and initiatives. We are looking forward to another great year.

I second the previous reviewer. I am thinking of transferring my child to a different school also :(

We were excited for my daughter to start her kindergarten year the same the year the new East End Community School opened. Now she is almost through her third grade year and she will be going to another school in the district or to a private school starting next year. We will not keep her there one more year. The learning atmosphere is abysmal! Far too much energy is needed to deal with many of the students' behavioral needs. Due to the extremely high number of children who are far below proficiency (40%-45% according to the most recent NECAPS) teachers struggle to teach to those trying to catch up. Those students who excel don't have much company and their needs aren't getting met. It is not so much the fault of the administration or teachers, but more related to student demographics. What a shame- It is supposed to be an expeditionary

Last modified East End Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.