PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted November 19, 2015
Levey is a special school where my daughter has flourished academically and socially. It has a nurturing, experienced, and caring staff, and the small class sizes allow for so much individualized teaching. I also love its pluralistic approach to Judaism and other religions: all types of observance are celebrated.

Posted January 09, 2015
Levey is a wonderful school for kids of all types and religious backgrounds/orientations. My daughter gets the personal attention and nurturing I want for her as well as strong academic skills. I love that she is learning, not only how to read and write (english and hebrew) but that she is also learning about being a kind, considerate, active citizen of the Earth and our community. She has fun, loves her teachers, and is growing in so many ways. It's also more affordable than other private schools in the area and provides financial aid to those who need it. If you're looking at alternatives to your local public school, look into Levey!

Posted December 17, 2014
We love Levey! I can't imagine a better place for my son to grow and be nurtured emotionally and intellectually. As a non-Jewish family we were nervous about how we might be received at a Day School, but the community is inclusive and welcoming, and it has been amazing to watch our child learn a second language and gain such a sense of joy in life and learning.

Posted December 03, 2014
Levey is a treasure. I am a mom who has had very mixed feelings about public school, and wanted the best education I could find for my son besides homeschooling him. The faculty at Levey is caring and attentive, and the small class size is such a gift in his formative early years. He loves his time there, and has begun to excel in ways that surprise and excite me. He was a late reader/writer and was at risk of falling behind, but has caught up very quickly since starting at Levey.

Posted November 26, 2014
Levey Day School is a great place for my daughter. She is getting a well-rounded education while learning the same important values I try to teach her at home. I'm looking forward to sending my son there, too, when he is old enough. They really encourage a love of learning and focus on each individual child.

Posted April 15, 2010
An extraordinary school dedicated to academic excellence and the success of the kids who attend. Great faculty. A very diverse group of families send their kids here, which is a huge plus for a private school in Maine.

Levey Day School