Portland, ME

Casco Bay High School 1

Posted October 30, 2012
I was a student at CBHS, and I laughed at how relaxed and inefficient the school system was. Most of the kids I knew skipped class regularly, and rarely got reprimanded. Students would disrespect teachers left and right, and never got punished. In most of my classes, many kids wouldn't turn in homework, or turn it in many weeks late, but ended up getting the same grade as a hard working student who turned in the assignment on time. CBHS is a school for fun, and nothing more. It supposedly builds leadership and integrity, but all I saw was a bunch of teenage slackers getting away with it. Casco Bay High School did not prepare me for college, wherein the rules are much more strict, academically wise. I am sorry to say I regret going there completely.

Posted November 16, 2010
For the first time in his life, my son actually likes going to school at Casco Bay High School. The inventive, interactive and relevant learning approaches and the caring, attentive environment cannot be beat. The teachers and administrators know kids. They are the most passionate and hardest working professionals you'll find in the business.

Posted February 15, 2010
Casco Bay High School has been the best educational experience of my child's years in the Portland School District. The foundation of Expeditionary Learning's mission, Rigor-Relevance-Relationship, are taken seriously by every single member of the staff. This is the model for the future and it is producing educated students who believe that they can make a difference in the world. The graduates are recruited to top colleges, even though it's a new school. CBHS is the best choice for students who want school to relevant to their world and their future.

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted October 03, 2009
Casco Bay High School is one of the most creative and nuturing high schools I have ever been involved with. The teachers, principal and staff have the ability to really get to know each student and bring out their strengths and develop their weakness.

Posted September 16, 2009
Casco Bay High School is an Expeditionary Learning Charter School here in Portland. Expeditionary Learning is a model for school reform that emphasizes high achievement through active learning, character growth and teamwork. Multiple studies have demonstrated that this model can significantly improve achievement, engage more students, increase student and parent participation and reduce the need to disciplinary action.

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandson went to thios school . This is a wonderful school and the teachers are great!!

Posted January 15, 2009
Great school. Glad I made the switch. I feel as at times it isn't even school! It's just a good, positive learning environment.

Posted January 01, 2009

Posted December 16, 2008
I have two children at CBHS. If I had unlimited income and could send my children to any school in the world we'd stick with Casco Bay. My sons are getting an amazing education and developing a sense of how they fit in the world and how to be responsible citizens. I could not ask for more.

Casco Bay High School
196 Allen Ave, Portland, ME  04103
Last modified Casco Bay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Casco Bay High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top