Posted April 10, 2011
I graduated in 2003 and the High School was one of the best experiences I had as a student. The teachers are amazing and really care for there students, the coaches were the same and the principal was always available to talk to and had an open door policy. From what I hear now the new principal is not very personable and that is not only with students but with parents as well. It makes me sad to hear that she doesn't even do anything to address bullying in the school. Thankfully there are still teachers there who care about the kids and take the time to really get to know the students.

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted November 07, 2007

Posted September 20, 2006
What people do not realize is that the middleschool and highschool are two separate schools. I am currently a senoir at the highschool and I am in the top15 with an 'A' GPA. While attending the middle school, I was a failing student because the teachers lacked ability to teach, and the multiaged class 'teams' were horrible. 8th graders should be taught different and more advanced materials than 6th graders and not about 'sports' for an entire trimester. My point is that Maranacook Middle School is not a good school, but Maranacook High School is. I would not want to go to another school. The teachers are the best, Especially Mr.D (Physics Teacher) and the administration helps keep you in a safe environment. The Guidance office also gives so much help whether you need help with college-bound issues, your current classes, or you have problems at home. Maranacook is the best.

Maranacook Community High School 1

Posted November 25, 2005
this school can be helpful in life, but the way the teach is not showing through in the test results. Many of the teachers are exellent and you are lucky to have them but the way the have looped them i don't believe works. The principil is awful so i recommed that if you want parent involment that you go to another school.

Maranacook Community High School 4

Posted October 21, 2005
- a staff
My daughter attends the middle school & all the people w/ complaints should do something to help the school not degrade it. These teachers and faculity do the best they can for our children.Lets back em up not plow them over w/ our complaints and disregard how much they do for our children for so little. Wendy Brennan

Maranacook Community High School 1

Posted August 16, 2005

Posted May 18, 2005
- a staff
The Maranacook Middle School has an amazing staff of highly motivated and professional teachers. The multi-aged, team approach utilized at this school allows for all learners to reach their fullest potential while working at their optimal learning level. Instruction is individualized and challenging. Mary Callan, the principal, provides exemplary leadership to both staff and students, with her overarching goals always being based on what is best for students and their learning. I highly recommend this learning environment!

Maranacook Community High School 2

Posted April 24, 2005
I am very disappointed with this school system. There are no rules and the kids run the show. I feel my children are not safe. My children will not go to this school ever. My oldest did go through the middle school and it ruined his freshman year. He was not prepared and barely passed. He needed alot of extra help as a result. I wish my taxes funded a better educational institution.

Posted December 31, 2004
I'm happy to say that I'm proud to be graduating in the spring of 2005 from Maranacook Community High School. Not because highschools over but I'm proud that I went to this certain high school for four years. Maranacook is not like most schools. We have friendly faces, and a great staff. It's so great to walk through the halls and know you can be stopped by a teacher not because of something bad (it could be) but to ask how everything is going. Maranacook is a challenging school but that's the whole fun part of it. The Challenge!

Maranacook Community High School
2250 Millard Harrison Dr, Readfield, ME  04355
Last modified Maranacook Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12
Maranacook Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top