Sabattus, ME

Oak Hill High School 2

Posted May 12, 2008
I agree with the last post. I am a former student (2007), and after seeing what a university entails, the English department is the biggest issue concerning the school. Too much emphasis on structure and layout of essays, and not nearly enough on fundamentals. Also i believe the faculty have some authority problems that they need to figure out, and no one really steps up to the plate leadership wise to handle certain situations the way they should be handled. After visiting many juniors and seniors, the general feeling is that they can't wait to get out of there.

Oak Hill High School

Posted November 27, 2007
Honestly this school could use some updating with the actual building and the teachers. I don't think I will ever be ready for college the way that they have taught me.

Posted January 22, 2005
I am a former student at Oak Hill, (Class of 97) and believe that the school and teachers provided a great education. We were able to attend courses at Bates College for free. This was a great help when I graduated and went on to College.

Posted October 22, 2004
This is a good small community school with an excepional teaching staff. I know this because I am a member of the Class of 2006. There is minimal violence compared to other local high schools. The students are cooperative with each other. The students seem to mesh although they came from three different grade schools. Our administration does all they can to make Oak Hill a productive place for learning. I enjoy that it is such a small school because you know everybody who you are taking classes with and everybody seems willing to help. The guidance staff is top notch. An there are sufficient activities to be involved with. Our sports teams are competitive year after year anf the Future Business Leaders of America are known statewide. We currently have two state officers for FBLA. This is a great school to attend.

Oak Hill High School 1

Posted July 29, 2004
this school believes in just allowing the special education students. The PET's and IEP's the teacher attempt to pacify the problems and then do as they please.I would recommend they revaluate their whole education program or pay out tuition.

Posted July 26, 2004
I as well as some other responders, am a student at Oak Hill (Class of 2006!!). Personally I have nothing bad to say about this school. As far as the too small situation, people are trying extremely hard to create an environment where students can learn to the best of their ability and I find that the school being a bit smaller than some others, is not affecting anyone's education. As of this new school year, we are starting out with a new Principal and VP so as you can see we are moving the right direction towards making Oak Hill a much better place. The teachers are great and are always offering students opportunities that many of us take advantage of. I love being a student at Oak Hill and have met some incredible people through the school and I enjoy working with everyone there!

Posted May 20, 2004
I am responding to the review that stated the school is just not big enough for the amount of students and the teachers being rude. I am enrolled at OH right now (Class of 2004!) and I do believe that the school seems to be getting smaller. The parking is also an issue- but this not not effect the education I personally have recieved at Oak Hill. I have never had a conflict with a teacher where I could call them rude. Of course the principal and VP are going to be stressed out, again, I do not see this effecting my education. I have loved being at Oak Hill. My teachers and the guidance department have always been very supportive and I recieved Early Acceptance into my first choice college with help from these people. I have nothing but praise for the staff at Oak Hill High School.

Posted March 23, 2004
I'm not a parent-- I actually attended Oak Hill (class of 97). I too was allowed to take courses at no charge at Bates College, and found that the teachers were extremely supportive of my educational needs. Having graduated from college and looking into graduate school, i feel as though I can absolutely credit Oak Hill's teachers with working with me to give me the tools I needed to succeed in college.

Posted November 03, 2003
My son is a graduate of Oak Hill, my daughter is currently enrolled. Both are AP students. In the case of our son he was allowed to take core courses at Bates College and UMA at no charge and could take elective courses there at our expense as part of his HS curriculum. It is a small regional high school and the faculty and staff were/are very supportive our children's educational needs.

Oak Hill High School 3

Posted August 22, 2003
the school is just not big enough for all the people that go there... and sometimes the teachers can be really rude along with the principals being stressed out

Oak Hill High School