Posted September 13, 2012
.Great achool is the proper term my grand daughter will start middle school next year and she loves CK Burns. Our entire family has enjoyed our association with the school,faculty and parents.

C K Burns School 2

Posted October 04, 2010
-My child attended this school for 3 years. Her teachers were average to poor. I think my area of most concern would have to be the curriculum. The Math Investigations program, seems to waste alot of time teaching methods that are not efficent, & does not spend enough time focusing on the basics of math such as basic algorithms for addition, subtraction, division & multiplication. Unfortunately, I feel this leaves my child at a disadvantage going into middleschool. I have spoken with MANY parents who are in the same sinking ship. I have also spoken with many teachers who are not for this MAth Investigations,, but have to teach it because its in this school system. This is not woking & needs to change for the sake of these children.

Posted February 01, 2010

C K Burns School 4

Posted December 02, 2008
My daughter went through CK Burns (3rd-5th) and my son currently goes there (3rd). Both enjoyed it greatly. My daughter was in a multi-age class, which combined 3rd & 4th graders into 'one' classroom (they separated for certain lessons). It helped her learn more quickly with older kids helping her, then she loved being the older kid and helping new students during her second year. She was in a traditional classroom for 5th, and my son is in a traditional class for 3rd, because he learns better in a smaller setting. It was nice to have the options. (They also do looping, in which a child stays with the same teacher, but graduates to the next grade, allowing comfort and familiarity.) The administration seems supportive of the teachers, who all seem to enjoy their jobs. Good building. Good playground.

Posted July 19, 2008

C K Burns School 4

Posted May 21, 2008

Posted March 14, 2008

C K Burns School 0

Posted January 07, 2008
everyone is very nice, and positive

C K Burns School