Posted March 07, 2011
I go to SMS. I am in 8th grade almost 9th. I say this school is a great school. The staff is nice for the most part. Some teachers are a little strick, but hey if they were all nice then it would be called school right?

Posted December 09, 2009

Posted December 02, 2008
My daughter attends SMS and loves it. She's in the Gifted/Talented program, which I think is run very well. All teachers seem excited to be teaching. Administration seems to be supportive of kids and teachers. Good facility. Good athletic fields. Great access to student grades (even on daily homework) via computer.

Posted November 18, 2008

Saco Middle School 1

Posted June 11, 2008

Saco Middle School 0

Posted May 30, 2008
This school has very poor teaching techniques and does not give your child the help he/she needs. I recommend not to send your child there.

Saco Middle School 1

Posted April 15, 2008

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted August 25, 2005
This school is great. My daughter loves the people and environment. When we moved to Saco, I was unsure about the schools. But know I regret thinking that.

Saco Middle School 3

Posted April 11, 2005
The quality of the academic programs are mediocre with a few shining stars, but not reaching above average. The students are well engaged with many extracurriculars and more are enthusiastically added. A significant amount of $$ spent on special ed and the budget is continually lop-sided. The average student suffers and high-achievers are not rewarded. Most of the teachers do a fine job considering the class sizes. We have many options and programs for the 'struggling' student, but nothing to satisfy the 'above average' learner. I do not feel this community embraces the education of our children. There is a long-standing issue with the budget only covering K-8 before they head up to Thornton Academy's private school appropriations. This 'adult' problem inevitably trickles down to the students. How do we engage and motivate our kids when our parents, tax-payers, teachers and administrators can't see past their own bickering??

Saco Middle School