Saco, ME
Students enrolled: 1,525

Posted April 26, 2010

Thornton Academy 0

Posted December 18, 2009
my son spent 8th grade sitting in the vice principal's office. He went on to TA -- 3 days ago he got a full scholarship to NYU and believe you me, it isn't because the public schools have better courses. The international students made a wise choice AND, you get what you put in my friends.

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted May 01, 2009
I have been to several different schools and I have to say, TA is the best school that I have ever attended! TA's Football team, the Trojans, are the best football team that I have ever seen in my Life! If you're a parent looking for a school for you child, I recommend you to try this School!!! Gooo Trojans!!!!!!!

Thornton Academy 2

Posted January 24, 2009
TA proves appearances are not always what they seem. E.g., each class has a dean for all 4 yrs. who is supposed to provide individualized attention and 'plans' for each student - my children have yet to ever sit down and have any discussion on any educational subject with theirs. Some buildings are quite old, occasionaly without heat in winter; they can't have a full school conference in the 'new' auditorium as it was built to seat only 450, (1200 students, 450 seats - you do the math!). As a 'private' school, they do not adhere to the same level of quality for teachers as public school, quite a few are without any 'educational' degrees. SAT's scores avg. in middle for all Maine schools . Buyer beware, particularly new international students - if you want to study in Maine - there are some very good 'private' schools, research all before deciding.

Thornton Academy 0

Posted November 02, 2008
I was a student at Thornton Academy and also had a daughter enrolled at T.A. I have to say that my experience at Thornton was wonderful! The best years of my life. The teachers, headmaster and sub-master was great and attentive to the students as individuals. The they also have a great Guidance office! Thornton Academy has evolved over the years with all the upgrading/remodeling and this has only added to the vast opportunities the students have to get involved with their school. The curriculm is challening, but as always you only get out of it, what you put in to it. Overall, Thornton is a safe and academically great place to enroll your children.

Thornton Academy 4

Posted October 06, 2008

Posted October 28, 2006
Thornton is certainly the best school I have ever attended. The students make you feel extremely welcome, which is unusual in a high school enviroment. I have observed thh lack of cliques in this high school, and seen that it makes a much more comfortable learning experiance. The extracurricualr activities are very high quality, and the students are extremely involved in all of thier activities. Grades are generally on the high scale... And teachers really have concern for their students. I would recommend having your student attend Thornton Academy any day.

Posted February 26, 2006
Thornton Academy is an excellent school. The faculty is very good and incredibly involved with the students. As with any school, the student will get out of it what he/she puts in. The opportunities are excellent. The sports programs and theatre arts programs are top notch.

Thornton Academy 1