Posted December 07, 2013
As a student at Sanford High, I believe this school is decent, but is moving towards the wrong direction. The students, while some are smart, don't try. Many ignore work, and refuse to do some when asked. Students can easily skip courses, because teachers don't ask questions. The few that do, however, instantly become hated by the mass of students in the school. The recent technological integration isn't helping, but placing students farther apart from the schooling they should be getting. While all of this may be negative, the actual courses work. They teach you what you need to know, and can help you on your path to a career. Teachers are generally supportive of these courses, more so in Honors and AP courses, but still supportive, nonetheless. In all, I believe that with a new facility, this school's model and ability would thrive.

Posted October 30, 2013
My school is an excellent school. It may have its flaws, but we are one of the few Regional Technical schools in Maine. We have our issues, our small lockers, and crowded hallways, but people genuinely enjoy learning at Sanford High School. We are due for a new school, which is coming soon, but in the meantime, students and teachers alike are striving to make this school last. Our school has decent security, but there are something's that should change. For example, the infamous "trail" should be marked off. But other than that I love my school and am proud to be called a Sanford Spartan.

Posted January 21, 2013
When I graduated in 2005, I left with an excellent education because I worked at it. That being said, the teachers I had were thoughtful, evocative, helpful, and supportive. I did realize that if you did not take an honors or AP class in math, the quality of teaching was not stellar. However, there's a reason why we have a Maine Teacher of the Year in almost every department. AP and Honors classes offered in every major and most secondary subjects, excellent arts program, great sports program, and also the option to take vocational classes in a plethora of subjects in conjunction with your regular classes. The extracurricular activities are numerous, like multiple championships in Mock Trail including varsity, the former highest attendance Civil Rights club in the state of Maine, a well-traveled Foreign Languages club, a published Writing Club, and Maine State Champion drama club. Don't be afraid to send your kids here. Like all, you either sink or swim, but there's so many opportunities to flourish in this environment, and people to help you along the way.

Sanford High School 2

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009
Sanford High School, like any school, is what you make of it. When I graduated a few years ago there were more than adequate oportunities to join sports, clubs and get academic assistance. There were several options for the arts. I took several AP and honors level courses while there that helped to prepare me for college. Although I was shy, I got to know my teachers very well, and the administration was friendly and approachable. Several teachers there are exceptional, and most are very good. There is a definate lack of funding, however, and a bigger school is needed. If you don't want to work hard then you probably won't do well at this high school (or any school), but any student who tries can do well or find help to do well at this school.

Sanford High School 5

Posted February 08, 2009

Sanford High School 1

Posted January 20, 2009
unsafe school, poor quility of teachers, i pulled my kids out of this school do to safety issues, they put there pay checks before the students education,

Sanford High School 0

Posted December 25, 2008
Sanford High School along with Noble High School are horrible. The classes are crowded and busy. Teachers are not interested in getting to know any particular student and aren't very helpful. I then went to Sanford's Alternative program which was decent until teachers began talking like students about other children in the school. It was childish and not worth dealing with. Sanfords 'fine educators' are not that at all. I'm leaving the Sanford school system to obtain a diploma through an adult education program from another town entirely. They really do let a lot of kids slip through the cracks.

Sanford High School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
Sanford High School has been excellent for my duaghter entering her junior year and as parents we look forward to the high school experience our yonuger daughter, who will be entering her freshmen year. Principla Young, Vice Principal Roberts and Guidance Director are tremendous leaders and have put in place an organization where parents can be a huge part of their children's education at sanford High School. Very organized and a pleasant surprise.

Sanford High School 5

Posted August 20, 2008

Sanford High School
52 Sanford High School Blvd, Sanford, ME  04073
Last modified Sanford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanford High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top