Scarborough High School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
My daughter is graduating this year, but she still does not know how to tell time or count money! I don't believe she should graduate.

Scarborough High School 2

Posted August 08, 2010
This school is all about image. I graduated from SHS but my sister is still attending, and I can't wait until she is free from that place. In SHS, the teachers and administrators seem to care more about whether people are dressing like business people than if the students are actually learning anything. They stress test scores extremely but don't care to teach anything beyond what is required for the Maine standardized tests. Also, Scarborough caters very nicely to the very academic kids and to the kids who start trouble. It's all the kids who fall in the middle, who are seen as just "average" that they let slip through the cracks. I was one of those kids. I didn't care for the bureaucracy that is Scarborough High School. Sports and activities are abundant, but everything is about money there, even amongst the kids.

Scarborough High School 3

Posted November 18, 2009
I am a student at SHS, and I really don't like it. I dread going to school, and not just because it's school. I am not as intelligent, or rich as a lot of the other students at shs, and I feel like it is a large factor as to why I am treated differently. A lot of students there don't accept people who are 'different' than them, and they are kind of mean. Of course there are very good things about shs too. For example, there are a lot of extra-curricular activites, and clubs. There are so many clubs, and most people can find at least one that they like, and feel accepted in.

Scarborough High School 1

Posted February 25, 2009

Scarborough High School 4

Posted January 26, 2008
I am a parent of a child who graduated in the to 10% of the class and a parent of a special needs child who requires special services. SHS has served both of my children well. They provide a challenging academic experience and also have a great special education department that serves the nees of special needs children. We have been very happy with their services

Scarborough High School 3

Posted February 10, 2007
As an educator and parent, my experience with SHS has been dismal. Although there are a number of caring, competent teachers, the overall focus is on students with high SAT scores and no academic challenges. Students with challenges are not supported nor do they appear to be a priority in the system. I would only recommend this school to parents of children who fit in the first category.

Scarborough High School 4

Posted December 09, 2006

Scarborough High School 5

Posted October 19, 2006
- a former student
As a graduate of SHS and now a parent of school age children, I can honestly say that the education I received and the school as a whole is excellent. I recommend the school to anyone. The academics are challenging, the extracurriculars are abundant, and I had a wonderful experience at the school. I graduated with honors, graduated college with a 3.5 GPA. SHS completely prepared me for working, for life. Thanks SHS!

Scarborough High School 1

Posted August 28, 2006

Scarborough High School 5

Posted July 27, 2006
- a former student
As a former student I can honestly say that SHS prepared me for a rigorous college curriculum at a respected university. There are an array of Advanced Placement courses available and plenty of extracurricular activities. I can agree with the previous comment about sex and drugs being prevalent but that s simply how most high schools are these days. Overall my experience at Scarborough was superb and I would consider it one of the better high schools in the state of Maine.

Scarborough High School
11 Municipal Dr, Scarborough, ME  04074
Last modified Scarborough High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scarborough High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top