Scarborough Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
After moving to the town of Scarborough and going to SMS throughout my middleschool career, I can say with all my heart that I dreaded school there everyday. The community is just full of rich white kids who can't see a world beyond their $200 UGGs. The school has roughly 800 students but through out my years there, I only saw about 40 of them. The school is divided into multiple wings that you stay on for all 3 years. Because of this the school is completely segregated, and cut off from each other. The only way that a child could meet someone out of their wing would be if they did sports. If your not very sporty like I was though, your out of luck. The cafeteria food is ok, basic for what you find now of days. The only issue is that there is a huge unneccesary variety of junk foods such as icecreams, and potatoe chips. I remember kids buying both of these everyday. The only thing good about this school was that it made me realize how terrible it can be to grow up in a perfect home. You dont realize how important it is to see the world unless you visit a community such as this one.

Posted March 18, 2013
I really enjoyed going to this school and the whole environment there is great. I wish I could come back to school there and meet my 6th and 7th grade again.

Scarborough Middle School 1

Posted February 28, 2013
Scarborough Middle School *might* work for some people, but I find their system unsatisfactory. As a student in the top 1%, I have found what I feel is practically no flexibility in their curriculum, which is completely focused on memorizing facts. While the teachers are very good, I feel that the way the school has implemented the new curriculum has only served to detract from my education, and as I have practically hit their ceiling, while at the same time knowing people who are far ahead of me who have succeeded on only what the school provides, I find myself spending countless hours so that I could keep up to par with the rest of the world. Their mandatory specials are boring, and end up teaching very little. In fact, if I was not in GATES, I would see no reason to go here!

Posted October 23, 2009

Scarborough Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Scarborough Middle School provides a beautiful backdrop to a fantastc learning environment. It is broken up into smaller wingsthat give a sene of team and pride in school. The curriculum is challenging and accommodates mny learning styles and abilities.

Posted February 07, 2008

Scarborough Middle School 4

Posted November 16, 2005

Posted October 14, 2004

Scarborough Middle School
21 Quentin Dr, Scarborough, ME  04074
Last modified Scarborough Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scarborough Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top