Bad
Good

I am appauled with the dropout rate. One of my kids included in this. I saw it coming and tried to get help from the school to discourage it but got no where. There are so many programs to help kids today get their diplomas but the school did not make them available in time. My child had very bad experiences with both teachers and administration. I was discouraged myself. I can only imagine how my teenager was feeling. I would like to see the school find out why so many of these teens are dropping out of their school and reach out to help them before this continues at this rate. I know what I was hearing and seeing for myself but what do I know...I'm just the parent. I have always been an involved parent but the school doesn't always like what I have to say.

It's one of the best schools in Maine, producing more College bound students than any other school

I am an alumni of this High School . I feel that I received a great education and have nieces and nephews attending or having recently attended the High School. It's a small town and I could see where 'who your parents are' matters and affects judgements, but hopefully Skowhegan HIgh personnel have risen above that attitude. I have 2 nieces who are doing quite well in secondary education that attended Skow High and a nephew currently attending who is taking AP courses. Go Indians....especially their field hockey team...keep it up Paula...you were assistant coach when I was there...way to keep the program going.

Our school is a great school. The teachers and staff create a fun and safe environment for everyone. It is a very organized but easy going school

Last modified Skowhegan Area High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.