Posted November 16, 2014
Both of my children attended the Great Works School, and both thrived under the excellent teaching and attention of their 4th and 5th grade teachers. The teachers were aware of each child's strengths and weaknesses and I felt they met the kids where they were as learners and moved them forward. When problems arose communication was appropriate and helpful. The staff works above and beyond to provide after school help (learning lab) for students and families that need it. There are also MANY extra-curricular opportunities like cooking, chess club, sports, math club, hiking club - offered all year long. All of these are free, and students are encouraged to get involved. I very much appreciate the atmosphere at MGWS. There is an expectation that students will work hard and treat others with respect. The teachers and principal model and enforce positive, kind, respectful behaviors. As a parent, I can't tell you how important it was for me to know that my children and their classmates were spending the day in a safe, loving, disciplined environment.

Marshwood Great Works School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
Greatworks was a wonderful preparation for middle school. Mr. Burnell is well loved by students. As with most schools, some teachers are better than others but Mrs Gerrard was an amazing teacher and really helped get my son on the honors track where he is now as a freshman.

Marshwood Great Works School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
This school was horrible. Thanks to the middle school that saved my sons school experience. I have never had such a horrible experience with a school. I have 2 grown children that never had any problems in school-NH schools.

Marshwood Great Works School 3

Posted October 17, 2012
My school experience there was... interesting! Mainly a positive thing, a few ... nut teachers, and a military like principle, but other than that, it was a pretty fun experience!

Posted May 18, 2011
Mr Burnell is an exceptional principal at GWS. He knows the names of each student. He is a sought-after boss for teachers. The school is very community-oriented. My girls had a wonderful experience there.

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted September 28, 2007
I have had great luck with my daughter in the Marshwood schools. She is in 6th grade,and so far,has scored exceptionally high with her state testing.

Marshwood Great Works School
49 Academy St, South Berwick, ME  03908
Last modified Marshwood Great Works School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshwood Great Works School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top