Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am a Junior at Marshwood High School, and while I admit that the school is much better than many in the country in the way of teachers and classes offered, the school is completely unfair and is frankly run by people who seem to have no idea what they are doing. When you walk into the front office and are greeted by maybe one or two friendly smiles. The main secretary is very rude and unfriendly and makes you wonder what you're getting into. Administration treats the parents as though they are inferior, and don't seem to realize that it is the parents tax money that pays for their jobs. Really, administration is the problem. I really wish there was a way to change who is running our school, and maybe make it a nice place to learn.

There is a huge drug problem at this school. All anybody seems to care about here is drugs! Eliot is a wonderful town to live in and all of the other schools in the district were great, but the High school is Insane! Frankly, I can't wait until I graduate so I never have to visit that place again.

After attending the school myself, I was unsure if I now wanted to send my own children. After the experiences we have had in the school districts younger levels... well, we recently moved out of the sad35 district and couldn't be happier!

We are a military family and have lived all over the country. We choose this town to live after my husband retired from the military in 2010. We are in our early forties with three children, 16, 15 and 13 and it was rated as the best in the state of Maine to raise a family. With that said, some of the reviews about this school are just malicious and untrue. It is easy to know which ones as a few are "real" if you will. We have fallen in love with this area, town and are still impressed about how much this community devotes to providing an atmosphere that challenges, supports and respects children and teens. The schools and teachers are living angels that uplift and challenge students as much as wish for. There are endless "fun" classes and every sport you can think of. There is free tutoring, mentors, counselors and even a clinical child physiologist. There are activities in the center of town nearly every night during the summer with live bands and open mike so you my see 10 different singers, a different drummer every few songs etc. Everyone gets a chance to play. To sum up, we have never felt so welcomed to ANY town like South Berwick. We are "home"...finally. Police A+

This is NOT the place where you want to send your child. I am a student here, and I have recently applied to a wonderful private school - to escape this place. I get it, high school is high school no matter where you go, but with the fake administration, who uses fear tactics on students, and the teachers who have no sense of what's going on - it's a mess. The descisions are such as buying new Mercedes-Benz buses over textbooks. If you live in or have moved to a nice place in South Berwick or Eliot, just spend the extra money to send your child to a nicer private school near-by. It's worth it, and I'm so thankful my parents can afford to give me better options than the school I'm at now!

My children went to Marshwood High School and got an excellent, well rounded education. The Principal was caring and concerned. There are loads of activities, sports and clubs to get involved in. It is a beautiful school with a campus and facilities that rival nearby Berwick Academy and it's free! There is excellent bus service for all the students and even the cafeteria food is good! Oh, also they have a first rate auditorium with all the acoustics and professional equipment. Students in 9th and tenth grade get an Apple computer to use for the school year. Excellent school and community.

I went to Marshwood, and the admin there singled me out even though I never did anything wrong. If I reacted to someone bullying me with a simple verbal reaction I'd get punished and they'd get off with a warning. They were always watching everything I didn and only ME. I even got in trouble for wearing three tanktops layerd on eachother but this other girl wearing a single low cut tank got a hello. I mean that place is a prison. It's appauling how much they dnt do anything about the drugs and bullying at that school. I had my life threatened and they didn't do ANYTHING about it. But these are just a few of MY experiences. Idk all of yours.

I think the quality of the administration (including the super) is ruining the reputation of MHS. The administration lives in a bubble and doesn't really acknowledge the public perception of the school. MHS has a HUGE drug problem (identified as much higher than the state average) and the admins are in denial. They are also re-active rather than pro-active. The reputation of the school has dropped since they have taken the helm.

Not happy with the school or the education that my child receives.

This school is a fun place to go there are many thing that you can do and many many classes the adiminastation can be ridiculous but they are also fair and any studient does not love there prinicpal fun, clean, challenging, and fair are all words i would use to descibe our school

Last modified Marshwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.