Posted March 19, 2010
Excellent academics and a very wholesome environment for the kids. Great school!

Posted February 20, 2010
My daughter has been at Holy Cross now for two years. We have been so pleased with the changes and our new Principal, Sister Theresa. She has brought the school together. It is worth the material (financial) sacrafices my family is making. She is well loved, learning and most of all flourishing in the environment.

Holy Cross School 1

Posted April 16, 2009

Holy Cross School 0

Posted December 06, 2008
Im attending holy cross right now and im in middle school and a have been there since pre-school and will never leave!!! Its a great school.

Posted February 28, 2008
We have a daughter who now attends Holy Cross since her former school, St. Pats closed. We are so impressed with Holy Cross. This is a great school. She loves it,the kids are intelligent and friendly as are the teachers. Deacon Steve is a superb leader.

Posted January 31, 2007
- a former student
I am actually a previous student to Holy Cross and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The staff was wonderful and all my class mates were excited to learn because our teachers made it fun. That is the best school you could send your child to. Take it from an student who really knows. Even if your child needs help on a certain subject, the teachers are by their side ready to help.

Posted September 07, 2006
In my opinion holy cross school is perhaps one of the finest and most rewarding schools for youth in maine. (a former students perspective)

Posted April 01, 2006
I have have 3 children at Holy Cross in 3rd, 5th & 7th grade. My oldest started in 3rd grade. The academics are excellent - especially the literacy side. They use an excellent vocab book series starting in 3rd grade. The new math teacher (6th - 8th grade) is very good stressing math skills, paper and pencil. They offer music, art, computer, Spanish and gym. Sports are limited due to the facility though they work with the So. Portland Rec dept. to fill in gaps. The teachers are wonderfully caring and the principal is amazing with 30yrs. Public Education experience (17 as principal of a K-2) and then he became a Deacon. We've worked with him more than once when my oldest had problems with classmates and we and my daughter trust him to help work through the situation and my daughter will go to him directly now for help.

Posted May 29, 2005
- a former student
im not acctually a parent of a student at this school, im a sister of a student and a former student of this school. this school is great- not just because its my school but because everyone is so friendly. every student who is enrolled in this school has a personal relationship with the principal, deacon steve, and their teachers. if someone has a problem deacon steve will put aside what he needs to do and have a private meeting with that student or group of students. with personal experiance i know that this is a challenging school and that it is academically challenging school. Teachers are willing to give up their mornings and afternoons to help students if they need help with their studys. i have learned so much from my 2 years at holy cross. this is a great school in a tight-knit community it is a wonderful school.

Posted April 03, 2005
This is a fantastic, small, community-based school in which every child is known by name, not number. The parents we have met here are 'just like us'. They value the same things that we do and show an interest in the education and spiritual growth of all the children.

Holy Cross School