Bad
Good

Posted September 08, 2014
I am very disappointed with this school. I have had 5 children go through this school, 16 years so far. I wish that I could afford private school. Our school district is terrible. Parents concerns are not addressed. Children are nothing more than numbers. This school in particular pushed relentlessly to medicate my son's ADD and kept pushing for higher doses. I found out that my son was sleeping 2-3 hrs. A day. After talking to our pediatrician and having outside testing done we found that he has an I.Q. At a genius level. He was BORED! Our pediatrician took him off the meds and the complaints of bad behavior came flying in, backed all the way to the superintendent. Our pediatrician advocated for us and was ignored, using his advice we lied to the school and told them we were using the meds again. ALL complaints stopped. Did you know that schools get extra funding for special needs children, including those with ADD only while on meds. There have been 3 teachers that I would recommend out of 15. Pray that you don't have a sickly child, this school is NOT supportive and the nurse is incompetent. Offering Popsicles before taking temps. No calls home after head injuries or 104 temps!

Posted June 13, 2014
My son just got out of kindergarten from CJL school and we loved it! The teacher and the teachers aide were both wonderful! The teacher was always very accessible and open to as many parent/teacher conferences as we wanted. They have an active PTG that hosted multiple school functions including a movie night, bounce carnival, friday fun nights, a fall festival and ice cream social. No complaints so far!

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is horrible! My son has attended 2 years and has high functioning autism. The school provided no support and did not follow his 504 plan. My son was bullied ruthlessly by peers and the teacher and principal did nothing for months until I demanded that they switch his class room. His teacher before we had his classroom switched made fun of the way he wrote and moved his desk away from other students because his desk was messy telling him it was to disgusting to sit near other students. This school is a disgrace and I am pulling my child and would never send another child to the school.

Posted February 08, 2014
This school was okay it is a big school so I wouldn't recommend it for younger children. The student that go there call people names and bully and the teachers don't do anything about it. The ptg there offer some school dance that are fun. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if anything I recommend Willard school .

Carl J Lamb School 2

Posted February 07, 2010
The teachers are okay, but other staff are not generally friendly and warm. My children all had headaches a lot when attending this school.

Posted January 03, 2008
The school has kept in touch with my husband and I. He is divorced from the Mom, and she does communicate with us. We can not thank the school enough for the efforts they have ordian in keeping us informed. Thank-you

Posted May 24, 2005
i feel that this school will work miricles for your child. i myself went there and it was the greatest experience i have ever had.

Carl J Lamb School
233 Shaws Ridge Rd, Springvale, ME  04083
Last modified Carl J Lamb School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.