Hartford-Sumner Elementary School 5

Posted April 08, 2010
I've lived in Sumner, Maine for 24 years, and my 3 children all attended Hartford Sumner Elementary School. I've watched it grow and progress over the years. It has the most professional and caring staff that I've ever known, a terrific Physical Education Dept, modern Art & Music Depts, as well as Gifted & Talented, Speech, Special Ed, Library, Resource, Tutoring, & Afterschool programs. Grades PK - 6 are taught by well qualified, personable teachers, many of whom have taught there for over 2 decades and many who were students there themselves. Being a small tri-town school, there is a feeling of community & family there. I've volunteered at HSE for 20 years. Now I'm substitute teaching and hope that someday my own grandchildren attend school there. It's a treasure. M. C. H.

Hartford-Sumner Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2007
After years of struggling/conflicting with a nearby prior school system that was supposed to be among the best in Maine, my 3 grandsons moved to Sumner. Within weeks, both the grade school & the middle school had diagnosed learning disabilities, come up with solid plans for all 3 kids, and now they are all in advanced classes, being challenged and excelling beyond our wildest dreams. It's amazing - like night & day - between the old school and new schools. I was afraid being 'in the sticks' would mean a poorer education, but I was so wrong! Now, I feel like my 3 grandkids will NOT 'fall thru the cracks', but that they will get the guidance & education tailor-made just for them. Thank you!

Hartford-Sumner Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2007
HSES is a very small tri-community school with much available for the size. The music department is amazing, I am always astounded when I go to concerts and the children play so well. There is no sports dept, because it is a PK-6 school and also because the communities themselves offer a wonderful rec. dept which provides sports for all seasons. The art dept is wonderful. Children are offered pottery as well as an array of other artistic outlets. The academics are wonderful with many, many caring teachers. Parent involvement is outstanding. The PTO is very involved as well as many parents volunteering in the classroom.

Hartford-Sumner Elementary School
145 Main St, Sumner, ME  04292
Last modified Hartford-Sumner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6
Hartford-Sumner Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top