Topsham, ME

Posted January 11, 2011
I love this school! great people work her and great kids go to school here. i would go here over and over if i could!

Posted November 16, 2008
I would never let my child go to this school. I am a former teacher for this school and really feel bad for any child that goes to this school. I only stayed one year and left for a school that was safer.

Posted March 30, 2008
Heres the down low on Mt.Ararat ... *Kids will be placed in 'cliques'. *Have friendships ripped apart.* Expierience drama (To the max...). *Most will begin swearing, or saying cruel or harsh frases (Wether you see this or not... it's happening) *Teachers use favoratism. *Curiculum... Not that great... *Homework... overwhelming... *And most importantly it is setting them on the track to go to the high school... about 3/4 of the kids are on drugs, and during sports season about half... They will most likely get picked on, bullied, peer pressured ect... This is the point of view of a real student... Parents don't ever know the whole story, and teachers always dress it up... but every mt.ararat student in at least 7th grade and 8th grade... know the truth! (p.s there has been a higher drug and alchohol use in the 8th grade, then mthe years befor (Smoking in the bathroom, beer in lockers ect...) and thats just the middle

Mt Ararat Middle School 2

Posted August 31, 2006
Like several parents we know, we'd send our kids to Waynflete if we could afford it. Here at public school, we're all forced to comply with the system. The poor teachers earn the same as the great ones. How is this fair to anyone? Imagine 'attracting' your business(the kids)and if you couldn't do it, you'd be out. My child had one super teacher here. Some I wouldn't choose to hire. Kids learn quickly if they're allowed to teach. What about having the teachers spend at least 1 day on the other side of the room. It might help some remember how uncomfortable the chairs are, how quickly one can be made to feel stupid, how boring it often is. Organized sports? What about more attention to realistic futures? How about more good old fashion walks on nice days?

Posted January 09, 2005
Leadership could use improvement. Working with parents when a child gets in trouble is no longer used. This makes parents angry and put's undo stress on family life. Education should alway's be given to a child no matter what circumstances arrive. No child should be left behind but this school district does.

Posted August 21, 2004
My son goes there and we like the school very much. It is a great facility with a fantastic faculty and staff. I do however have a problem with the way band program is organized. While the instructor is wonderful, band has no assigned class time and a band participant is obligated to miss classes (including exams) and various other activities to attend practices and lessons. It is treated as if it as an academic endeavor with grades but for some reason is not worthy of a defined class period. My son (an honor student) is probably dropping band this year the avoid the weekly stress having to make-up assignments missed during band periods.

Posted August 09, 2004
I go to Mt.Ararat Middle School and it is a really nice and big school. I am glad I am a Eagle because you are noticed by not only teachers but also friends. The staff is really friendly and the food is great. The only thing I don't like is that we only have 3 min. to get from one class to the next it's really a pain but other then that MTA is a great school

Mt Ararat Middle School 4

Posted August 06, 2004
MtA has really good school spirit, and you can learn a lot there, IF you try to learn, you will learn, a lot. The teachers are usually fair. The dress code is quite strict.. Which isn't that great. The food, however, is pretty good, except there is not much variety. -Robyn L. [Class of 2008]

Mt Ararat Middle School 4

Posted June 04, 2004
I go to Mt. Ararat Middle school currently (until june 16th, then I'm no longer in this school, and I go to high school in the fall.) and honestly, it is both a good school and a strange school at the same time. They have great extra curricular activities that are offered here, but sometimes the teachers can be unfair or rude without a given explanation. But, if you pay attention 24/7 in your classes, you will learn so much...but not every class is mentally exciting, and might cause your brain to wander. But all in all, MAMS is a great school to go to.

Mt Ararat Middle School
66 Republic Ave, Topsham, ME  04086
Last modified Mt Ararat Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Ararat Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top