Bad
Good

Troy Central School 3

Posted November 19, 2013
The teachers are exceptionally friendly and seem to really care about the parents and the students. The teachers really make you feel welcome to the school, in particular the kindergarten and first grade teachers and the school secretary. However, the new principle seems to be stretched too thin being principal of two schools. Since the new principal has stepped up, my children seem to have more issues at school with bullies, and getting heard.

Troy Central School 4

Posted April 05, 2013
being a parent and sub janitor, i have a insider and outsider point of view. the teachers are spread thin, as there are multiple grades in each class room. the principal is between two schools. the food served there is by far above average. there is a basketball team and tai chi is offered. this school is poorly funded, but it does not stop it from being a good school.

Troy Central School 2

Posted May 20, 2010
My children attended Troy Central School from 2006-2010. When we first started at Troy Central I found it to be a warm, parent friendly, environment where my children felt comfortable to grow and learn. The principal was PHENOMENAL, and the teachers were great. As the years progressed Troy Central seemed to go down hill. A new principal was introduced, and new staff members came on board. I found that my child was pushed through the grades wether they were ready or not. Certain teachers were allowed to bring children's self esteem into the dirt, and made learning a struggle rather than an adventure. If you do have to move to Troy, I suggest finding out if you can have your child attend another school in that district. I do not suggest any child going to this school, if you want them to learn and grow as a person.

Troy Central School 4

Posted June 11, 2005
I love Troy Central School! Everyone is so pleasant and it is just a real close and like home environment. The principal is very involved with everything and quick to respond to any concerns/problems we may have. We do not have alot of parent involved though. The same few people take care of everything! Hats off to them! but we need to get more people involved somehow.(maybe babysitting available) Our music and art program from what I have seen are poor. We do not have any school sports,YET. I think we will be working on getting this started soon. The teachers should focus more on spelling and writing. I have never seen such sloppy writing, what happened to the old days when they focused some on penmanship? Most of the teachers are wonderful, but I guess we can't have every teacher perfect.

Troy Central School 5

Posted April 18, 2004
I think the environment in Troy Central School is awesome! I volunteered there for 3 years and found it a most relaxing and educational environment to be in...students tend to exceed better in this 'homey' type environment.

Troy Central School
733 Bangor Rd, Troy, ME  04987
Last modified Troy Central School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.