Turner, ME

Leavitt Area High School 5

Posted March 26, 2014
Since most of the squeaky wheels I know are the negative ones, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I think Leavitt is a great school. My granddaughter is a Junior. She loves all of her teachers. She doesn't feel there is as much bullying in this school as in some others. She has gotten help when she needed it. Grading is not easy, she finds the AP classes challenging and feels well prepared for college. The arts are honored. The school does put a lot of emphasis on athletics, not my favorite, but grades must come first.

Leavitt Area High School 3

Posted August 09, 2013
tbh the school itself is good (minus a few teachers) but the kids their are so prissy and prejudice. It really ruins the whole thing

Leavitt Area High School 2

Posted December 06, 2011
Some teachers actually care about their students and are interested in teaching their material while others just pass on the work and are there only to collect their paycheck. Leavitt also has very immature terrible students to put up with. The school also focuses mainly on their sports and athletics and often leaves their academics and other clubs behind. Most teachers have no trust for students or lecture them over unnecessary things. Overall it is not a bad school it's just lacking in certain areas.

Leavitt Area High School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
I am going into sophomore year at Leavitt. The teachers and faculty there are absolutely amazing, but the students are ridiculous. I cannot stand them. It is not a great school other than the faculty and building are nice.

Leavitt Area High School 4

Posted January 16, 2009
Administration is wonderful and very supportive as are most of the teachers.

Leavitt Area High School

Posted July 01, 2008
Leavitt should spend more time with he kids, some kids struggle because they don't have the attention that they need. If the teachers put more efort into the students needs, they would have improved grades. This is what Leavitt needs to realize if they want ther students to succeed.

Leavitt Area High School 2

Posted February 25, 2008
this school is nice but the teachers do not spend enough one on one time with the students and that is why a lot of kids have a hard time in this school. Blake (fellow student of Leavitt Area High School)

Leavitt Area High School 4

Posted December 02, 2007
As a senior at Leavitt Area High School, I feel that the school may not be perfect, but it is definitely adequate. The school is located in Turner, Maine, so it's not very diverse, but there are still some students from other ethic backgrounds. There are some programs and teachers in the school that could be better, but that is the same case with most other schools. For the most part, the students are smart and competitive, and the education is fair. There are a wide variety of classes available, as well as different phases of them. I have been exposed to other schools systems and find LAHS to be above average.

Leavitt Area High School 1

Posted December 07, 2005
i have a child in Leavitte Area High School. The school can do better with the education it is giving out. I believe that the way they are grading is horrific. I 100% disapprove. My child was always a high honors student with all A's, now down to all D's. I think that they need to do more than just rebuild the school to make it have good quality. The teachers there only seem like they are there to get paid and leave at the end of the day, they have no real interest in the childs education.

Leavitt Area High School 3

Posted November 22, 2005
I have three children in the Turner school system. In my experience, the primary and elementary schools in Turner are supportive and involved. I have some problems with LHS. I have one child that graduated from LHS and another child currently attending LHS. The school really failed me as a parent when they saw a problem with my child but did not involve me until it was too late. As a parent, I needed the schools support by communicating with me. Unfortunately, when I went to a school board meeting, I was not allowed to speak about these concerns there. So, for what it's worth, I'm letting out some steam by writing here. We need to be able to stand up to the superintendent who exhibits such power over our children's lives and has shown such little compassion for the real concerns that need to be addressed for our students.

Leavitt Area High School
21 Matthews Way, Turner, ME  04282
Last modified Leavitt Area High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leavitt Area High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top