Bad
Good

My husband and I chose to move to the town of Vassalboro for the school system alone. I myself used to work and live in another school district yet refused to have my children attend there. We looked on greatschools.com to get an idea of what towns offered proper education and a close commute to work. It was a toss up between Sidney and Vassalboro. I believe things happen for a reason. Vassalboro it was! We were able to diagnose my son with ADHD, yet learned he was quite intelligent and qualified for the Gifted and Talented program. Although the teachers didn't see that he was suffering with his school work, but just with his attention span, they listened when I insisted to have him evaluated for ADHD. We worked together on a plan to get him to be able to focus without meds. My daughter is Autistic and has a variety of disorders. When talking with Mrs. Graham about my son's troubles, I explained that in a few years my daughter would be attending and would be requiring quite a bit of help. 1:1 Ed Tech all day and an I.E.P. an inch thick. There was no hesitation to start communication and think ahead of what was to come. Things are going smoothly and couldn't ask for better!

I would never want my children to go to any other school. The teachers, principles and all aids are excellent and genuinely care about our kids. I'm very much pleased with the recent additions to security at the school. It feels great knowing that the school is doing all they can to protect our babies.

Vassalboro Community School staff are 5 star! I have two grandsons who attend or did attend VCS. When one of them got in some trouble the staff was amazing and helped to create an atmosphere where he could change his behaviors and circle of friends without fear of retribution. They also helped with his brother who had reached out to the school because he was worried about his brother. Every staff person handled the issue with professionalism, caring and support. As a campus, it is beautiful and the school represents Vassalboro in a great way.

since the shooting in CT this rural Maine school has not allowed children outside of the school and locks all sorts of doors inside and outside. if you need to go to the office as a student you need to have someone come and unlock the door from the wing to the central hall and then the central hall to the office wing and then the student has to buzz the desk and they will use a camera to see if they will let the trouble maker/sick child into the office to see the principal or nurse. All I really need to know is that teachers who work in this school would never have their children go there to learn!

I went there 20 years ago. My son and daughter now go there. the staff is verry nice and have been there for a very long time. All the assistance that is needed is given. Some of my teachers from 20 years ago are still there so it can not be that bad. If your kid needs help in math then they take tests to determine how much extra help is required and yes there are some kids that forget their homework every day in their "locker" or at "home" but there is an active role for the parents to play!

VCS was an amazing school and I am still hearing so many great things about it. Being a VCS alumni (2006) i can't say anything bad about this school. Leaving here I was fully prepared for my high school experiance and was also considered to have one of the best middle school educations at my high school. I had participated in Chorus, Peer Mediation, Drama, Student Council, Kindergarden teacher assisting (during 7th adn 8th grade), and Varsity Cheerleading(6th-8th grade). VCS has a fantastic and caring staff and will work with both the students and the parents to make sure their students reach their highest potential.

This school Has excellent staff. The teachers are great and provide extra help to students that need it. We have a library full of reading and research books, we have comuters, and a trophey case to show off our tropheys. We also have a glass case in the heart of our school to show art projects. There is a gifted and talented program, for students that excell. There is a reach program, for students that need extra help, and there are 5 specials: library, art, computer, music, and gym. Once in 5th grade you don't have music for a special, you have challenge lab. You have the choice to take part in band and chorus. In sixth grade you only have 4 specials: art, gym, challend lab, and computer. There is one special for each quarter. In sixth grade you get lockers. In seventh, you get laptops, and in sixth grade there is D.A.R.E program. Dare to say no to drugs and violennce.Awesome school!

The teachers work as a team, and are all hard working. The teachers do not hesitate to phone the parents---which keeps good lines of communication!

A wonderful facility with a caring staff. My child was initially nervous about starting there, and now she loves being part of the school community.

Vassalboro community school is the best school that I've ever been to. They have a great sports system, in 6th - 8th there is a math team program, and also dances! 7th and 8th graders get lap tops, and there is so much more great stuff about it!

Last modified Vassalboro Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.