Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

While my daughter has many teachers that she has learned from, there are also teachers that seem to be there for the job and not to cultivate young minds.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework is almost a thing of the past now that all students have iPads and class time is spent on those more than it is spent listening to a lesson from the teacher!

Develops character: Neutral

I do feel that the children should be heard (even if their verbal delivery is, at times, crass). If speaking to one child in private - treat them like and individual, not like one of the masses!!

I have to give the high rating after an incident involving my daughter was handled swiftly and safely. I was called immediately because a teacher sensed trouble. Danger was averted, but this could have been a tragic event if an adult had not been paying attention!!! Thank you!!!

I have just become aware of a rumor going around that there may not be a success program at our high school next year. I understand from the beginning that any student not acting appropriatly will be sent to the mainstreem program. I have yet seen this happen and for this program to be the success it really is they need to do this with students who are not willing to do what the success program was all about in the first place. I have a child who went through this program this year and I can assure you without it I doubt my child would have been a success. I am, proud of all my child had done. Please continue this beautiful program. Massabesic needs more of them.

They are making significant progress with the new Principal and staff. They still have a ways to go, but are limited because most parents do not seem to care, therefore they tend to treat us all as such. The NJROTC program is excellent - keep in mind that there are kids from families who don't bother so it is a mixed group - but if a student wishes to excel, the NJROTC folks offer excellent support. They actually teach manners and respect. Teachers vary significantly in quality. They seem to be under pressure from the new administration. Some offer more support, others just dumb down the material so be careful in math and sciences - big difference in quality of teachers. The guidance department has been quite useless in getting kids toward college, but they seem to be responding to the new Principal's pressure. Keep a close eye on class schedules and make sure your child is in college bound classes if that is their goal - the guidance dept does not keep up with this and is difficult to work with. You can either be liked by many at this school. or you can get your kids educated, but you won't have both. Need to ride some of the staff to deliver. Getting better.

Massabesic's new trimester structure for delivering classes seems to be making a difference. Having the same classes every day allow the students to stay focused only on those topics of study. We've seen a big difference in my daughter's grades as well as commitment to doing the work. Same as life...you get back what you are willing to put into it. The quality of any school is reflected by what you're willing to put into it. As parents we need to be there for the kids, supporting them, giving the appreciation for their efforts but also to set an expectation of striving to do well. The teachers are great at responding to any emails or calls of concern. Massabesic is working hard to do a great job.

I think that massabesic is bad school it is really only bad because of what students made it people trash everything then complain because it isnt perfect but if people did not write on desk or walls and the bathrooms the school would look nicer The Teachers for the most part are very nice and helpfull but some on the other hand seem to careless As a Student now I know I would not chose to go to a different school because all the school is the area are just as bad.

programs are great, homework is alot even though it hels us with studying. I wouldn't want to go to any other school

And while Massabesic is certainly not a wonderful school, I think the majority of students will admit that it is mostly the fact that we are stuck in a building that is too small and too old, which brings about other problems with it. Principal involvement has improved significantly over this past year, as we now have a new principal.

Last modified Massabesic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.