Waterboro, ME
Students enrolled: 1,046

Posted March 21, 2012
I have just become aware of a rumor going around that there may not be a success program at our high school next year. I understand from the beginning that any student not acting appropriatly will be sent to the mainstreem program. I have yet seen this happen and for this program to be the success it really is they need to do this with students who are not willing to do what the success program was all about in the first place. I have a child who went through this program this year and I can assure you without it I doubt my child would have been a success. I am, proud of all my child had done. Please continue this beautiful program. Massabesic needs more of them.

Posted May 18, 2011
They are making significant progress with the new Principal and staff. They still have a ways to go, but are limited because most parents do not seem to care, therefore they tend to treat us all as such. The NJROTC program is excellent - keep in mind that there are kids from families who don't bother so it is a mixed group - but if a student wishes to excel, the NJROTC folks offer excellent support. They actually teach manners and respect. Teachers vary significantly in quality. They seem to be under pressure from the new administration. Some offer more support, others just dumb down the material so be careful in math and sciences - big difference in quality of teachers. The guidance department has been quite useless in getting kids toward college, but they seem to be responding to the new Principal's pressure. Keep a close eye on class schedules and make sure your child is in college bound classes if that is their goal - the guidance dept does not keep up with this and is difficult to work with. You can either be liked by many at this school. or you can get your kids educated, but you won't have both. Need to ride some of the staff to deliver. Getting better.

Massabesic High School 4

Posted January 02, 2011
Massabesic's new trimester structure for delivering classes seems to be making a difference. Having the same classes every day allow the students to stay focused only on those topics of study. We've seen a big difference in my daughter's grades as well as commitment to doing the work. Same as life...you get back what you are willing to put into it. The quality of any school is reflected by what you're willing to put into it. As parents we need to be there for the kids, supporting them, giving the appreciation for their efforts but also to set an expectation of striving to do well. The teachers are great at responding to any emails or calls of concern. Massabesic is working hard to do a great job.

Massabesic High School

Posted June 17, 2008
I think that massabesic is bad school it is really only bad because of what students made it people trash everything then complain because it isnt perfect but if people did not write on desk or walls and the bathrooms the school would look nicer The Teachers for the most part are very nice and helpfull but some on the other hand seem to careless As a Student now I know I would not chose to go to a different school because all the school is the area are just as bad.

Massabesic High School 5

Posted June 06, 2008
programs are great, homework is alot even though it hels us with studying. I wouldn't want to go to any other school

Massabesic High School 2

Posted February 14, 2007
And while Massabesic is certainly not a wonderful school, I think the majority of students will admit that it is mostly the fact that we are stuck in a building that is too small and too old, which brings about other problems with it. Principal involvement has improved significantly over this past year, as we now have a new principal.

Massabesic High School 2

Posted October 28, 2006
This school is possibly the worst school I have ever attended. It is the least SAFE school I have ever seen. Serious problems are handled with a simple detention, or suspension for a few days. The principal has absolutely NO involvement with the school, and the only thing good about the school is the few teachers who actually care about the grades of the students. Most of the adults in this school seem to think nothing of their students, and they just let the students coast along on failing grades. A few guidance counselors and even fewer teacher actually care. I would never send a child of mine back to this school.

Posted July 28, 2005
Massabesic is definitly not the worst school in Maine. But it is also not even close to being the best. The best thing about attending Massabesic is that the teachers and guidance staff know all of the afformentioned and try to accomodate students as best as they can. As a graduate of Massabesic currently attending the University of Maine, I would like to thank the teachers, but point out to those looking into sending a child to Massabesic that there are many other variables like safety, parent involvement and level of competitive nature that also need to be considered. Those three things should be worked on as well as the student teacher relationships. Some are a little too much. Choose wisely, but dont count massabesic out either. -K

Posted February 10, 2005
5{is by far not the best in the world but is also not the worst ither. There are many things wrong with this school such as the people, the language. I belive that the saving grace of the school are some of te teachers and school clubs. Unkown

Massabesic High School 1

Posted December 22, 2004
This school is perhaps one of the worst schools in the state of Maine! It's only saving grace is the quality of a few of the teachers. Teachers like Mrs. Geren and Mr. Bickford make comming to school at least bearable.

Massabesic High School
88 West Rd, Waterboro, ME  04087
Last modified Massabesic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Massabesic High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top