Waterville, ME

Posted November 17, 2014
This school has been a huge help in finding out what specific learning disabilities my children have & provided resources to help them learn & excel. I fought for 3 years at a previous school who not only didn't help in any way but labeled my child as a bad kid. To the degree that I was called to pick him up weekly because they couldn't handle him. Thankfully my kids are now thriving & have confidence in their learning abilities. Thanks to the principal & staff at George J Mitchell

George J Mitchell School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
I just registered by two kids for kindegarten this week and I was very impressed with the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. My kids went to their K screening and felt accepted and loved and both are very excited to attend the George J Mitchell School in the Fall.

Posted May 22, 2013
This is a great school. The staff cares greatly for the education and general well being of every child. Both of my children attended school here from Kindergarten through third grade. My kids are now in Jr. High and High School and are doing great.

Posted April 26, 2012
My daughter has gone to this school since kindergarten and she's currently finishing up 1st grade. She is a bright intelligent child and LOVES to learn. Both of her teachers have been wonderful and are excellent teachers. I love how high the bar has been placed. She is definitely being challenged and is often ahead of grade level in all areas. When that happens they give her more to challenge her.

George J Mitchell School 1

Posted February 22, 2012
The teachers my son has had have been wonderful! However, he flunked math in first grade and was passed to second. He is not being challenged at all. I have no idea what they are teaching as I rarely see anything other than the homework I help him with. When they realized he couldn't do first grade math, they gave him K math.

George J Mitchell School 1

Posted October 20, 2010
Horrible school. The tetbooks used are the same textbooks that *I* used when I went there 20 years ago. In fact, my friend's name was actually written in my daughter's Social Studies book (that incidently talked about the Berlin Wall and the USSR). Ridiculously underfunded, and has low standards and zero expectations. I actually took my children out of the district because my children were so grossly unprepared.

George J Mitchell School

Posted June 05, 2008
I have had 2 children go to this school for several years. My special needs child definately faces extra challenges due to lack of qualified and educated staff. My 'traditional' child did very well but was not challenged enough by the standard curriculum.

George J Mitchell School 3

Posted September 13, 2005
This school is great for children who enjoy learning. I have two children who go to this school. My youngest loves it and is doing exceptionally well. However, I feel my oldest isn't getting the help he needs. He has a learning disability and doesn't seem to be progressing.

George J Mitchell School 3

Posted May 06, 2003
This school is well intended and has some super teachers. However if your child has special needs or learning difficulties be prepared to educate staff. They lack the knowledge and understanding of such children. First grade teachers are very rigid and often fail children. Multi-age is better but is not always the best choice for some children.

George J Mitchell School
58 Drummond Ave, Waterville, ME  04901
Last modified George J Mitchell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George J Mitchell School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top