Waterville, ME

Posted October 07, 2013
The moment I toured the school several years ago, I knew it was where my children needed to be. Each teacher and/or staff is an extension of my family. Everyday they go over and beyond their teaching responsibilities and nurture the chidren's mind, body and spirit. The academic environment is positive and encouraging for each individual child to embrace. They emphasize on what it means to serve others by having the children participate in various service projects and commitments throughout the year. Children become responsible caring adolescences with a huge appreciation for themselves and others around them.

Posted March 22, 2010
I have been teaching at Mount Merici School for the past 16 years and I love it here. Both of my children have graduated from Mount Merici. They still look back with love and are proud to say that they are a Mount Merici alumni. The school environment is unique. Teachers are skilled in teaching the whole child and care for all of their students and their families as well as each other. When a child leaves Mount Merici after 6th grade they leave with a strong sense of self. This school has a lot to offer :))

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted September 14, 2007

Posted April 29, 2007
Extremely caring, person-oriented environment. Emphasis is on relationships governed by kindness and compassion, development of strong lifetime study and presentation skills, strong basic curriculum, community service work. Nursery school through 6th grade. After school care and programs make it easy for working parents. Uniforms. French, art, public speaking, and music are part of the curriculum for all grades. Graduates are recognized in area schools as having strong study skills, discipline, and strong academic backgrounds. Relatively low tuition rates. The usual private school income snobbery is missing. Families are expected to participate in 20 hrs of volunteer work/yr.

Mount Merici School 2

Posted October 02, 2006

Posted May 25, 2004
We are not Catholic and we sent our daughter here. I was impressed with the patience of the teachers and pace at which they covered academic areas. Very nurturing, non threatening environment. Minimal religious input. Staff mainly focus on creating an encouraging environment that fosters the ability to succeed and help others. Service work is a normal part of their education. I am a pessimist by nature and I can't tell you how impressed I am with this school. I wish I had found it 7 years ago!

Mount Merici School