Wells High School 5

Posted September 14, 2011
My child is entering his third year at WHS, he has had a tremendous experience! The teachers, coaches, and staff are fantastic. The administration is proactive and involved. The principal has done a great job involving all students, he truly cares about them all!

Wells High School 3

Posted May 14, 2010
If you want to find out how good, or how bad, a school, just survey the teachers. I taught there for over thirty years. Twenty years or so ago, ubder the leadership of Valjeane Olenn, the faculty worked hard both to improve the curriculum and to raise standards. We managed to create a school that was one of the best in the state. Then came a new administration and a new curriculum coordinator. This produced two results: lowering standards and "dumbing down" the curriculum. Hopefully there have been positive changes in the years since I retired. However, I wouldn't hold my breath. At least the top administrator who I feel was in large part responsible for lowering standards to the point where the school had beecome pretty much of an academic bad joke has gone elsewhere; same is true of a particularly inept curriculum coordinator. Just ask the teachers.

Wells High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The faculty have developed some effective and creative ways to reach students.

Wells High School 2

Posted February 01, 2009

Wells High School 5

Posted November 24, 2008
I love snapGrades, it really keeps the parents informed. Our new Principal is awesome! He really cares about all the students, not only the top 10.

Wells High School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
I have to disagree with the ratings in principal leadership, safety and parent involvement. With the new pricipal this year I think it rates at least four stars and I think I would raise safety to four also. He has a great vision of where he wants to take the school and there is no question that if something in the area of safety or discipline needs to be addressed it is address firmly and quickly. As far as parent involvement I can't see how anyone who has ever been to an open house, teacher conference or school activities could say that parent involvement is lacking at WHS. Every event is mobbed.

Wells High School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
Progress not perfection, as the target changes, so does WHS. We offer 12 AP level courses. Over 20% of our present juniors and seniors are earning college credit at York County Community College in the Dual Enrollment Program. Some our graduates earn a full semester's worth of credits before they graduate. Last year 84% of our graduates went on to college.

Wells High School 1

Posted January 21, 2008

Wells High School 2

Posted December 05, 2006
- a staff
High School has many talented teachers. unfortunately there seems to be very little in the way of positive support between staff and administration. Teachers are also forced to teach low, mid and high level students all in same class which seriously hinders their effectiveness and student's quality of learning.

Wells High School 1

Posted November 16, 2006

Wells High School
200 Sanford Rd, Wells, ME  04090
Last modified Wells High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wells High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top