Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2014
My daughter is a senior at Windham and so we have a few years experience as Windham High School parents. The short version is, we are very happy with this school. The teaching staff is quite capable and as a group very interested in communicating with parents. This is supported by an online tool that enables parents to stay informed about homework assignments, quiz and test scores, projects, and grades. The school has great arts and athletics programs, and I have been struck many times by how supportive the students are of each other, on stage and on the field. The administration of the school seems to be doing a fine job providing a safe environment that promotes learning. Very strong no-bullying messaging. Nice campus, very nice facilities. I think the guidance department could do a little better at guiding students through the college application process -- it is nothing I'm disappointed with, but that is one area I think could be improved.

Posted October 16, 2012
this school so fare is good jasman steeves the staff has been good to me

Windham High School 2

Posted January 19, 2011
The administration and policies seem to actively work against helping students to graduate. The community service requirement is a stilted attempt to make the school seem illustrious, and resembles a fascist forced labour program. The building is always freezing.

Posted October 03, 2009
I am a disabled citizen and the kids from the high school built a wheelchair ramp for my home helping me and teaching them a skill.

Posted January 06, 2009
The teachers really care about the students and will work with students and parents to achieve success. I believe parents and teachers need to be partners to transition teens toward college and independence. I have had 3 sons graduate from the high school and all were well prepared for college. I have one son still in the high school.

Windham High School

Posted October 01, 2008
I love these schools. I have sons in both middle and high school and I couldn't be happier.

Posted June 14, 2008
The quality of an education depends on the amount of effort the students, teachers and parents put into it. Get involved in your child's education and they may get into Yale or Harvard.

Posted June 16, 2007
My daughter has really pulled it together this year. She has been helped greatly by the teachers. While some of the teachers are very young and just getting some experience dealing with teenagers, I think they have come along way this year. As with all highschools there are the temptaions and hard choices. I think Windham offers many alternatives to kids who are interested. The School Resource Officer has given kids a greater sense of security. I would recommend this school. The theater and music are unbelievable! The are many gifted artist as well.

Posted June 05, 2007
This school was just rebuilt 2 years ago. The facilities are all new. It's in a growing area and has active parent involvement. It has a good sports and music program. There is a real push for improved academic scores with a blend of experienced and young teachers. The school is not there yet but is rapidly improving. My child after 2 years enjoys this school, he feels safe, he knows his teachers and for the most part the teachers know his parents. The school has an on campus police officer. Like other schools, our children's education depends on knowing about the teachers and what classes to take. We believe he can get a very good education here in Windham.

Windham High School 1

Posted May 04, 2006
Our experience with this school was very poor at best. they don't use IQ testing for placement of classes, instead time slots are used. My children who always loved school begged to be home schooled after attending this school.

Windham High School